1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Horntail 1 Run per Day

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by yogurtseller, Feb 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    1:46 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Hold your funny reacts until you read the post OnionShout

Does anyone actually like horntailing for 3-4 hours? I never really liked signing up to horntail because its such a long time commitment, and I found that this sentiment is shared between some of my friends whom have also racked up many horntail clears.

Anyone who has run horntail shortly after reset has probably found that the cave is slowly getting more busy, and I’m sure staff is fully aware of this. It’s only been a week since it’s gotten bad, and who knows if this cave congestion is temporary or chronic.

With that being said, would it be a bad idea to change horntail to one run per day?

Obviously this would change the total EXP acquired for horntailers because now they’ve lost out on a run. Because of this, I think it would be appropriate to buff all exp by 1.5x to compensate. The overall result is a nerf to total EXP, but a buff to exp efficiency.

EXP:
    10 man runs give around 50-55m exp and 6 man runs give around 75m. If buffed 1.5x, 10 mans would give 75m exp, and 6 mans would give 112m exp. Assuming a 10 man clear time of 1.25 hrs and 6 man clear time of 1.75 hrs, 10 man EPH would be 60m eph and 6 man EPH would be 64m EPH.

Drops and economy:
    I got a B in econ so Im not gonna comment here

Other concerns:
    - HTPs would be harder to buy because you don’t get a second chance if you dc or run out of resses
    - Horntail leech could become a thing (???)
    - Increased pressure to run 6 mans to get the most out of your one daily run

Let me do other things pls OnionCry

I’m fully aware that this is a pretty radical suggestion. What do you guys think? Feel free to agree, disagree, tell me im a crackhead, or leave toxic funnies

• Disagree x 10
    • Agree x 7
    • Friendly x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Informative x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.