1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the Dark Tachion Quest Repeatable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lv1crook, Apr 24, 2022.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    5:07 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    You can destroy a dark tachion etc drop from Papulatus through the quest “Destroying the Power of Evil,” a non-repeatable quest that grants 378000 exp (after 3x quest) for level 105 and above. Considering these continue to drop even after you finish the quest, I think it would make sense if you could turn in the quest multiple times to gain more exp. 378k is good exp, but not crazy considering you would only get 1-2 of these max with a Papulatus duo. It would give Papulatus a slight but distinct advantage over Ravana which would make sense because it has a higher level requirement to get party exp.

Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 3
  2. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    7:07 AM
    can relate since I have so many in my inv, question is who willing to go to nath lava from ludi after every pap o-o could be repeatable every 20 hrs like the pap's crack or every reset, or like the low lvl zombie tooth exchange but this is for high lvl kinda

3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:07 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    in my 2 cents all boses etc should have any utility!

4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    You can get there pretty quickly by going from Ludi -> Korean Folk Town -> Aqua Road -> Nath. It still takes some time but it's not too bad. If the quest had no cooldown then you could save up a bunch of the items and turn em in all at once.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    in herb town have a quest that more etc u bring more exp it give, can be something similar?

6. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    would love to see this. making other places great / popular. its like Pirate Den 2 got buffed. but no one trains there :c

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Personally, I'd like to see area's like Ludi, Magatia, Orbis, El Nath, etc. all get some sort of temporary exp buff once an expedition or party quest has been successfully cleared.
    These areas all have great maps to explore but always fall short to the efficiency of meta maps. If there was some sort of temporary buff that was given after completing a quest, party quest, or area boss that could boost the exp gain to above meta map levels, I think that would be a cool implementation and a large incentive for people to get together and grind.

For example, if defeating Papulatus and turning in a daily dark tachion quest allowed for a 30% regional exp boost for an hour, maps like Grim Phantom Watches, Gigantic Spirit Vikings, etc. could become somewhat viable for party-style play for early 4th jobbers.

Take this approach and scale up everywhere, and now we've got a whole bunch of viable maps that could make this game much less repetitive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. boombipbop

boombipbop Red Snail

Apr 13, 2020
    Male
    8:07 PM
    Agreed - this is a common sentiment I have with many games, not just Maple (the travesty that AC games are now due to Ubishit, anyone?). There's so much cool content in the game that isn't enjoyed simply because the utility is not there. Sure, leechers and whatnot will always be a part of the game and for better or worse they are a critical part of the economy, but there are other players like me that are fine getting slower levels but enjoying much more just the nostalgic aspects of the game - including seeing maps that I didn't even remember existed!

Something I love about ML is that Kimmy et. al. are willing to take on risks such as this to see if it improves the QoL of even just a handful of players. Our community is small but that just means each player is that much more valuable. Tl;dr - just having quests such as this give the option to turn in for some exp/mesos/small chance of other goodies seems not only feasible but worth taking a shot on! There are also ancillary benefits to such a system such as being a bonus to completionists hunting those ignored cards - good exp and reduces the boredom we all get of hunting for a card that never seems to drop!

9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yess