1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

maker skill

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by Guypson, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Guypson

Guypson Red Snail

Mar 16, 2017
    Male
    1:12 PM
    Oblivion
    Warrior
    Hey guys i was asking around and i found a few people who thought i would be good to have the maker skill on this server would it be at all possible to do that pretty much would give a better reason for collecting ores and other in game items and would give people more reason to be online grinding for their items not sure if everyone would agree to that tbh idk if its even possible but i think having the maker skill would pretty much be more fun as to crafting and using the things we collect in game you guys let me know what u think and negative or positive comments are welcome :)

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:12 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Guypson

Guypson Red Snail

Mar 16, 2017
    Male
    Oblivion
    Warrior
    aww shoot so i guesse its not possible for us then :)

4. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    Reading over that thread again, I remember that players could *also* make Monster Crystals with a stack of monster common drops. If there were an exchange NPC set up to take bundles of 200 [item] for a designated leveled [crystal/craft item], and another to handle exchanges of [crystal] + plates/gems for equipment, there could be a feasible Maker-esque system in Legends. It would require a decent amount of coding, but if I understand v62 properly, it is possible.

Quickedit: Not that I think it should be a priority, and I understand if its not a project anyone wants to take on atm. Might be a decent side-project though.

5. OP
    OP
    Guypson

Guypson Red Snail

Mar 16, 2017
    Male
    Oblivion
    Warrior
    that is pretty awsome though

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    10:12 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I've proposed the same thing last year. It would be an excellent addition! But I understand the time and energy would be extensive. BUT WORTH IT, NONETHELESS!!!!

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So making monster crystals out of etcs is possible. Making gears out of monster crystals is possible.

But how would we add in the gem effects when added to the gears? I have a feeling there's something client-sided to this, and of course it also would require a change in data structure. It may be that with the v62 client, it's impossible.

8. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    The gems could possibly have to be scrapped, though maybe it's possible to Frankenstein something from the code used for stimulators? Without that structure, going through and coding for each possible outcome would be tedious, to say the least. I'm not 100% on how the code works, but this is definitely the biggest hurdle. It would definitely either have to be scrapped or heavily improvised. Even if we couldn't have the modifiers, it would still be nice to be able to craft upper-level equips beyond just weapons.

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    10:12 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    That would mean just using NPCs that are similar to those found in other cities that can make Shoes and Gloves. I would scrap the Monster Crystal aspect of the Maker Skill entirely. It served no purpose other than to clog your Etc inventory. If that element is absolutely necessary, I think the Powders sufficed in that regard. Nevertheless, the main source of Monster Crystals were from deconstructing other equips. This caused Neckson to increase the Equip drop rate and lower the mesos you'd get from NPCs for selling the equips. I, personally, didn't care for that aspect at all.

It would take a tediously copious amount of coding, but it would definitely be possible. But if we cannot add the Graded Gem effect, then I don't really see much of a point to having it.

10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The code involving stimulators is pretty straightforward. Don't use a stimulator and you get an item with completely average stats. Use a stimulator, and the stats on the item vary by +/- 10%, up to a max of 5. This is kind of like how loot drops from monsters are generated.

Since all that kind of code is something completely separate from the gems, you can't do it that way, because with maker you should be able to create an above average item, and then add a gem to increase its stats even more beyond the norm. And then there is scrolling.