1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making life a little easier

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ksoh, Feb 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ksoh

ksoh Red Snail

Feb 2, 2018
    Male
    1:21 PM
    I/L Wizard
    Hi everyone,

A couple of nights ago some friends and I had a conversation about HP Washing over discord. A guildie was teaching my friend the ropes to washing his Assassin. Upon hearing how tedious and expensive the whole process is, the poor guy was pretty discouraged and seems unwilling to continue training his Assassin (lvl58, not washed), until he acquires INT gear with his second character (an Aspiring Bish).

During the conversation, he suggested something interesting. His suggestion was that, rather than buying single AP reset scrolls, include AP reset bundles (much like gach tickets, owls, etc.) as a NX item. So something like "buy 6 resets for the price of 5". Nothing too crazy.

I have no idea if this suggestion has been put forward before, I myself have 3 months into this server and enjoying my time here. I am also aware that older players feel rather strongly against making washing easier.

Would like to know if other players resonate with this, or feel like it's something that should not be implemented. I would also like to stress that this is a suggestion, if you feel strongly against it, please go easy on me. heh

Thanks everyone, enjoy your day and your mapleling :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. cansif

cansif Mano

Aug 8, 2017
    Male
    Bishop
    I LOVE THIS IDEA

• Like Like x 1
  3. AGGrey

AGGrey Chronos

Jun 30, 2017
    Male
    1:21 AM
    MistDragon
    Dark Knight
    Something similar to this has been suggested before. Basically ppl cry that it isnt fair to those who have already washed. Personally I'm almost finished washing and im 100% fine with this idea.

4. OP
    OP
    ksoh

ksoh Red Snail

Feb 2, 2018
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    I've heard that's the main issue as well, it doesn't have to be super quick but rather feel less "painful", it's like saving for 30 tix gach vs. buying 5 tix everyday.

5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    10:21 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I personally don't feel the current ap reset pricing / hp washing extremely painful. I am just enjoying my time and taking it slow. However, I wouldn't against this idea :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Capricorn

Capricorn Mano

Dec 15, 2017
    Female
    8:21 AM
    Taleeta
    I/L Mage
    it is good, cuz washing aside, some of us *cough* started as a mage and added a good 30 luk. costed about 100k to take out. then there is my other mage with 35 luk to do next.
    having such little help for those cases would also be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    ksoh

ksoh Red Snail

Feb 2, 2018
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    I’m an I/L mage with 19 Luk, so if this gets accepted it works for me too :>

8. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    The HP Washing system is designed in a way to curve the "difficulty spike" of the game. If it is not, then it shouldn't be considered for power scaling bosses, but it is so I will assume my assumption is right. I don't see there being a change for the system, especially after three years. If any change was to come to the system, I would want that change to come in the form of better presentation for the HP washing system, instead of it being a seek-and-find kind of manner.

Making it be seek-and-find leads to your friends situation and my own current situation. I am level 87, and have no base INT. So what does this mean for me? Even if I add points into INT now and maybe get some INT gear, Horntail might be off limits to me. Even if I can reach the INT goal I need to successfully wash, my Damage will suffer and my ability to level is hindered heavily. So what does that mean now? I have to leech. So if I am unfunded (Which I am) I now have to do what everyone else does, and where I should have started, Make a Cleric.

It shouldn't be that way, to lead into that situation, but it is. If people can't be expected to read the ToS, or find a basic patch forum, then they shouldn't be expected to find a Guide buried somewhere that instructs them how to HP wash properly. (Which still a lot of the guides are pretty confusing how they are laid out.)

So that is all I want to change about the system is the transparency of it, because it is a fact hidden. New players looking for a .62 legacy server come here, get excited, make a character, and don't know what they are doing, and yes it is discouraging. I'm sorry your friend is having the issue. At least they caught it earlier than I. Regardless I am going to enjoy my Cleric and level it and kind of ignore Yatayata for a while till I decide what to do with her. I don't want to remake because that is annoying.

The server is not Pay2win which I enjoy, but I would like to step back slowly from this Leech2win system.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    ksoh

ksoh Red Snail

Feb 2, 2018
    Male
    I/L Wizard
    This is a nice fresh point of view, thanks Yata! Since this post, I've realised that this topic has been thrashed out quite a bit. But yes, super agree that the challenge is what makes it fun. Sorry to hear about your NL, that's rough. Hopefully maybe this whole washing thing will become more salient to new players. :/

P.S toast coming soon, I haven't had the chance to make brekkie in a while kek

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    I wish something would be done about washing, but I have pretty much given up any hope of that by this point. OnionGloomy

11. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    This did happen before, but was then reverted back to its original price.

12. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    7:21 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    this already suggested miliion times befor. and you can easly wash enough hp for horntail within 2-3 months untill u get to end game boss lvl if u choose to .and we did get 3 choclet per day event thats 1 addinal ap reset per 2 days.