1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making PQ equips purchasable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kargo, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    1:49 PM
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    (This post is not in suggestions, because I like the idea, but didn't put that much thought in to it tbh. Curious what other people think.)

Would it be an idea to allow people (maybe once they're above the PQ's level cap), to buy the Equip the PQ gives at a certain milestone?

Just like you can buy the monsterbook cards, because you can be locked out of those at certain level, you also get locked out of the equips. Some of which (Ellin earrings) are very very good and me (shadower) would like to have them, but Ellin wasn't out yet when I was in that level range :boo:.

As a PQ enjoyer (except LPQ :vomit:), I'm also curious if this would decrease PQ population (something I don't want), because the items are no longer exclusive to doing the PQ.

More extreme could be if the rewards were tradable. I do believe this would populate PQ's more and give low level players some meso making opportunities, I could imagine it making a bunch of items obsolete.

What do you all think of this concept? Could this work? What are some flaws I have missed? :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    4:49 AM
    You know, could be cool. Especially if we tie it in the P.Coin rewards system, the Goddess Wristband would be a good coin sink I think

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:49 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    yes please, can be crafted also

• Like Like x 1
  4. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    If they are tradable, it would probably increase the PQ population. Purchasable through coins? Will damage that dynamic. Now PQs can provide an additional source of income to low level players.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    5:49 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I think Tradeable would be much much better. To artificialartificial 's point it would create an early game revenue that is needed within the game. Maybe similar to Timeless gear untradeable once equipped for potentially high stat/power creep items (Broken glasses/luk eye equips)

• Like Like x 1
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Make it purchasable if you have met the requirement to get one normally.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    5:49 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It wouldn't help the PQ population though since you could "one and done" every PQ and just pay your way (assumingly) through an npc. It'd be better to have them tradeable so people that enjoy PQ's could create their own income for the grind they put in. I remember this being a genuine income in GMS days mainly with Broken Glasses.

By not buying through an NPC and giving a value to them LPQ and EPQ could become valuable sources of income. Opq potentially for early/mid game gloves, and MPQ in theory could also but would be outclassed very early as usual without a buff to the pendant

• Like Like x 3