1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Map owner at boss specific maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Eris, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    4:07 AM
    Beginner
    Yesterday and today i camp pianus because i want to hunt his cards (got 3 so far).
    Pianus map have no monsters at all, therefore u cant own the map till pianus summon his little spiky monaters.
    Anyway, me and my friend were killing the right head which debuff, so we touch body and he stoo debuff and stop summon mobs.
    The issue is my friend died, another player got into the map and made pianus summon mobs, he killed them and took the map owner (cuz we killed them more then 5min ago cuz he stop summon when we touch body)
    He start to threat us hes the map owner and he will call a gm.
    We had no choise to leave the map...
    The issue is, is it possible to make map ownee for who was on the map first? Its stupid how we lost map owner after we took half of its hp already...
    Im not asking it on every map, only maps like pianus which has no mobs at all.
    Can anything be done?

2. OP
    OP
    Eris

Eris Horny Mushroom

Nov 8, 2015
    Female
    Beginner
    Another thing, i heard the same dude used same methode to steal a friend manon, he came in, killed mob (after my friend didnt killed any for more then 5min cuz focused manon) and he took the mapowner...
    I think boss maps need a bit of improvment in mapowner department.

3. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
  4. Kitt

Kitt Wolfspider Retired Staff

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    10:07 PM
    FirstAidKitt, KittMakesADK
    Dragon Knight, Bishop
    As noted, boss maps have 2 methods of obtaining mapownership (assuming you meet all level requirements):
    - Kill a monster on the map
    - Hit the boss

In the Pianus case, the mapowner died and presumably warped back to town, at which point the map became unowned. The first person to hit Pianus was then granted mapownership.
    In the Manon case, any map where the mapowner doesn't at least hit a monster on the map within 5 minutes becomes unowned. This would happen at Ulu2 the same as Manon, in which case, the map is open for anybody else to claim ownership.

5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    10:07 PM
    iPippy
    Perhaps I read it wrong, but it sounded like op was suggesting that the map ownership timer didnt refresh each time pianus was hit. Only the friend supposedly died and not op, so unless op made the mistake of leaving map to chill with the flyeye or not touching pianus at all for 5 mins, map ownership should have been retained in theory. As long as the duration refreshes per hit, and not just a "one-time" ownership claim upon hitting boss when there is no active mapowner, of course.

6. MarcC

MarcC Pink Teddy

May 29, 2019
    Male
    9:07 PM
    riffie
    Paladin, Bishop, Corsair
    Spirit
    One pro tip that has always worked for me is that even if you die, you still retain map ownership until it expires like usual (unless you press okay and return back to the nearest town). This gives you time to bring an alt to fight the boss since u still technically "own" the map or ask a friend/guildie to help you out during your 5 minutes of being idle due to death.