1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

map owner?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by 3DegreeChill, May 8, 2015.

1. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    2:16 AM
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    what genius made this up?
    literally a lvl 31 i/l who cant even clear a platform of monsters in the spawn time at teddys and takes 4 magic claws to kill one gets control of the whole map? even when he theres literally 100 more mobs on the map? and i "ks him" by killing monsters on the other side where its untouched. he actually TRIES to follow me and ks me to make me go away. im lvl 30 spearman and i even miss them 30% yet i get blamed for killing his mobs who dont even get killed at ALL.

the other channels were full

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  2. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    3:16 AM
    That person just sounds like a jerk. Teddy map is better when it's shared anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    a gm actually condoned this and told me to go away. like wtf? that map was being wasted.

4. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Yeah they technically own the map so if they don't want you there you have to leave. That's just the rules. If that person was smart and kind, they woulda let you stay and share it. But they put this in the rules mainly for popular maps that people are going to fight over.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    9:16 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    ks rules are ks rules, but well some maps do work better for exp if you share them

i do prefer to keep maps to my self even if i can`t kill everything if im just farming, as it feels like the other person will find the thing i have been farming for hours instantly (x

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    idk how u can call it ksing when i was on the other side of the map killing creeps he doesnt touch. ksing is when i purposely try to steal his kills to deny him exp, which i wasnt.

7. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    It's a very situational command, in that situation the map could have been shared and that person was the ass. But lets take GS2 (ghost ship 2) for example, it's a small but super popular map. Really only optimized for 1-3 people. It's so popular that it's always full and there's always people looking for (in some cases looking to steal) a map. The map owner command has come in handy multiple times when people come and try to steal the map.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:16 PM
    Also you should ask him if you could share the map first (maybe even party up) before starting to kill things, you'll appear rude if you don't and that might have incited him to chase you away.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    3DegreeChill

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    hard to do that when he starts to threaten you by calling a gm right as you appear.

10. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Well then that was premature of him.

11. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    10:16 AM
    Ks is part of the nostalgia .
    @just saying

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    I agree. There should be no "map owning". In old Maple you couldn't cry to a GM if someone was using your map, its the nature of the game.

If you don't like it, IMO, either ask them to CC and if they don't, then CC yourself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:16 AM
    NSFW
    this 100%. i always tell people to fuck off when they start killing before asking to party up.
    rules are rules, and none of them are perfect. it doesn't matter if this one special snowflake scenario was unjust or anything because you are still the one who broke the rules. yeah he should be polite about it but he doesn't have to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Potential problem with this would be mass KS-ing. Although that was part of the game (not sure if Neckson actually made it a bannable offense?) but this might deter new players from joining, or frustrate new players until they quit.

15. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    I think Neckson banned you if you got enough reports about it. I remember some 18x dark knight in GMS that would go around KSing everyone's bigfoots, and he eventually got banned for harrassment lol. But for the most part Neckson did nothing about KSing from what I can remember. And honestly that was just typical apathy from Neckson toward their players, which is the complete opposite attitude of the owners of this server.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's reasons Mapowner exists. The primary reason is that someone can see who owns the map.

The second most important reason I don't want every map to be FFA is because of mass KSing actually. We are here to play MapleStory in a happy group and I don't want KS wars to appear because it creates a lot of drama and community wars, which is something I don't want to see in Legends, especially at the point right now how awesome community we have. See it as similar reason why summon sacks are not available, it has same negative effect. People still kill other even with just the quest bags, which only shows negativity in my opinion, even though to some its nostalgic.

"it was in GMS" is used a lot. But the difference is that GMS has 100k people while we are a small community. Small drama in a small community can already effect the main community by a lot, which is why the mapowner command was decided.

Currently the mapowner decides what to do with his/her map as long he/she owns it. The mapowner can party up with people (which seems to happen a lot in Legends actually) or the mapowner doesn't feel like train with other right now and train alone. Everyone has their taste and the map owner decides this currently in MapleLegends.

Its unfortunate that sometimes someone do not want share a big map, but currently there's nothing you can do about it.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    What could be potentially done (if players are interested), is multiple owners based on the max number of monsters in the map. For example, for every 15 additional max monsters in a map, the number of map owners increases by 1. Would still come with its flaws though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anich1456

Anich1456 Brown Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karikatus
    Assassin
    Boop
    How long does a person get to be the "MapOwner" when afk-ing? is there like a timer to it like if u afk/not move at all for over 5 minutes then your tittle of map owner gets stripped or something?

19. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yeah. And I think the timer is actually 5 minutes, though I could be wrong.