1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Maple Island] Night time unlock lvl 30 in Rainbow Street: Snail Garden

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Prosper, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Prosper

Prosper Red Snail

Apr 14, 2023
    Male
    7:49 AM
    ShellChuck
    Beginner
    ***After going through other suggestions for Maple Island I understand that the Staff point of view on adding content to Maple Island is at best non permanent low impact stuff. So it's fine if this gets rejected. I just wanted to share the idea and see opinions.***

[​IMG]

Rainbow Street: Snail Garden is a unique map for it's the only night time map on Maple island and it even has its own awesome music track.

In short here is the suggestion:

Add a NPC with a level 30 quest to unlock Night time Maple Island.

The content of Night time Maple Island would be low effort development and simply be a copy/paste of existing Maple Island with no NPC (because they went to sleep). With all the maps having the same background and music as Rainbow Street: Snail Garden. And a replacement for each type of mob that already exist.

Snail -> Frog
    Blue Snail -> White Rooster
    Red Snail -> Octopus (missing omok piece)
    Shroom -> Jr Sentinel
    Stump -> Dark Stump
    Slime -> Bubbling
    Pig -> Ribbon Pig
    Orange Mushroom -> Green Mushroom

I tried finding lowest level replacement possible, with mobs having similar drops so that it wouldn't take away the effort of existing high level Islanders. This would add the following beginner items in the available drops:

Wooden Baseball Bat
    Hard Briefcase
    Aqua Snowboard
    Silver Snowboard

Single Earring
    Pan Lid
    Fish Spear
    Blue Flowery Tube

Orange Sporty T-Shirt
    Stolen Fence

The scroll selection would be a bit wider as well for those who like to try and have unique scrolled beginner gear.

Everything here is open to suggestions. Anything that would bring more love to the Rainbow Street: Snail Garden would be nice.

I would like to submit this suggestion as either a permanent(not very likely) or a once a year event related temporary content(maybe?)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ErkalEtruria

ErkalEtruria Blue Snail

Apr 3, 2023
    Male
    USA
    Erkal
    Beginner
    Southperry
    That is a very unique map and I love everything about it. I feel that if this is added, I have some additional suggestions.

1. A portal in Rainbow Street: Snail Garden that takes you a Twilight Zone where everything on Maple Island is different.
    2. A lvl 30 requirement to speak with the NPC. The NPC you speak about should be found within that map. It only makes sense.
    3. Maybe combine those 2 and after speaking to the NPC you can access the portal.

Either way, I like the idea no matter what the outcome happens to be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:49 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Woow, loved the Idea

• Like Like x 1
  4. IoIzor

IoIzor Capt. Latanica

Jun 8, 2015
    1:49 PM
    Islander
    and dont forget zakum

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:49 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This map is normally also a day map like any other map on Maple Island, the soundtrack and background were edited specifically for the LNY Event so islanders could complete the quest where they had to take a picture of the moon. Should return back to normal next patch.

The idea itself is interesting but also seems to go against the spirit of being an islander

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    JeanLeaf
    Beginner
    NewLeaf
    NightzNightz welp look like no night time maple island but you are right maple island should still be the same

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Prosper

Prosper Red Snail

Apr 14, 2023
    Male
    ShellChuck
    Beginner
    Every opinion is welcome ;)

I didn't know about the map being night was already special. Thank you for having a look at my humble post.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1