1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maple Legends Tespia Server

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Latte, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    1:55 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Hello all,

Today I bring to you a suggestion that I thought of while reading about the recent HT run. We should implement a Tespia server!

[​IMG]

For those that don't know Tespia (or GMSTS/KMST) was a test server that was opened up for random players before major content was released. To my knowledge only GMS and KMS did had this, though GMS no longer opens it's Tespia server.

On GMS players that were chosen to participate in the tespia server were chosen at random based upon account activity. The server had dates and times it would be up as well as tasks the players should complete for testing purposes. Characters were only copies of those from the official server and no character data from tespia was transferred over to the official server.

We should do it in a similar fashion to GMS. An announement thread should be made saying Tespia is coming but instead of picking at random from the entire player-base, participants should be required to sign up. Then participantes should be randomly chosen from the sign-up list.

Obviously with recent events players want a change, with the addition of the tespia server this would solve multiple issues. This would allow content to be tested throughly before released. Give players more of an insight to what's coming (solving the transparency issue some have brought up). And also it's pretty nostalgic for some.

[​IMG]

Let me know what you all think!

Note: I'm away from my computer and typed it all from my phone so excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes. Will correct it all later.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    6:55 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    Not really much input to give here but +1.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Only input I have is this...

I think activeness / level / knowledge of the content being released has a huge impact on how well its tested due to the time it takes to test it aswell as "chars being copied from official server", you'd want high level chars most likely.

Also hope the activeness applies to selection, not random.

Randomly picking people from the sign-up list could actually turn out bad.

Other than this, +1!

4. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    A detail about Tespia I left out is the NPC that will level you up to your desired level so you can test the content.

Also you miss the point about Tespia, it's an open signup allowing everyone a fair chance to test things. There are tasks to complete and information that is made available to players about the content they're testing.

In GMS you were given the option to port a character over or start a new one which didn't really matter because you could just use the NPC to level to any level you wanted.

5. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    Ooooooo okay then 100% +1.

add that info to OG post.

6. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    7:55 AM
    Testing content usually doesn't take that long, and it's best to test it on the live server (see recent events). Which can either be done when the server is online, or during maintenances. I feel like there's a lot of unfair judging after the HT run. As NaviNavi already explained Hortnail and Zakum are still works in progress. But looking at the big picture, I think we're doing pretty damn fine.

In my opinion a Tespia would just be a waste of resources (be it monney, or current server RAM) and time (which we already are short on).

• Like Like x 4
  7. OP
    OP
    Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    I too feel there was a lot of unfair judgment give to the staff as a whole and I also agree with certain updates Tespia would just be a major waist of time/resources. But with major updates like areas, bosses, quest lines, even certain types of events Tespia could be very useful.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:55 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Ofc having test server is nice idea to test something news before they added in live server.
    But to run test server effectively, lots of active players are needed. and honestly, I don't think many ppls will active for it.
    We have very small pool of players (about 300~400 I guess) and it's not enough amount to play effort to run test server as Gi said.

so I agree on Gi, and -1 for this suggestion. I have no doubt this idea is great, but we aren't readied for it yet.
    Testing and fixing bugs in live server can annoy players (yes I agree) but it's inevitable for us for now, I think.

added : I think what we need for now is endurance, not tespia. just personal opinion...