1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Marauder/Buccaneer] Stun Mastery Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anon, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Anon

Anon Horny Mushroom Retired Staff

May 3, 2017
    Male
    9:18 PM
    FL4K
    Corsair
    Carnival
    Just like to raise a suggestion of a possible Marauder/Buccaneer buff (previously discussed https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...auder-transformation-issue.16088/#post-134435). I'm sure most people would agree that in-terms of bossing Buccaneers' damage is lack-luster. I propose a minor change to the Buccaneer's crit mechanics: removing the stun check (if possible), and reducing damage/chance as necessary (preferably keeping the crit chance at 60% as that way it's a little unique (high crit chance, low benefit instead of high crit damage, lower chance)). With this change we would be able to crit bosses which would provide a boost to our overall DPM.

By reducing the damage to +40% with a 60% chance, Buccaneers would see a general damage boost of 8.5% while using their Barrage/Dragon Strike combo, which I do not believe to be a massive increase.

IgniIgni has previously mentioned (previous thread) that this might make Buccaneers too strong with SE, however I don't think that's true. We'd still fall significantly behind NLs and Archers with SE (to be expected), but compared to DrKs (won't comment on Heros as I'm unsure about how Combo Orbs' multiplier works) our damage may out-damage theirs. However this is hard to compare as DrK's Spears (even Skis) have much higher base attack than our Knuckles and so more likely would even out.

Thanks for reading, would appreciate any and all thoughts from other players and other Maruaders/Buccaneers.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1