1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maroon Mop's level requrement should be changed

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by NSFW, Feb 17, 2015.

Should the level be raised?

1. yes it sohuld & i want 2 have sex with u

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. n0 ur gay and i want my bginneiner 2 be gay 2

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    1:01 AM
    NSFW
    I think Maroon Mop should be a level 110 or 120 (or even some strange number like 111 or 114 could also be fitting, since it's a beginner-only weapon) weapon instead of level 36.

Because Maroon Mop is an end-game weapon for beginners, it shouldn't only be level 36. There are a lot of common equips beginners can and should use up to level 95 (Sky Skis are a big one).

I don't think that it should be removed from the game entirely even though it does have 220 weapon attack and 7 slots, since it's beginner-only. This is a big number, but we need to remember that beginners are at a disadvantage in every way. I just feel like the level should be raised, but now that I think about it 110 or 120 could be too high also. I don't think I've ever heard of a level 100+ beginner in a nostalgia server.

What do you guys think? I'm making this a poll.

edit: stop disagreeing with me MapleF5

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    10:01 AM
    Moderator Post
    Seeing Gach is unfinished, I had plans to remove it completely from Gachapon. Inb4 this also brings a hot topic like Maple weaps.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    4:01 PM
    Never really played a beginner myself. Are they really OP?

Also, you could say beginner's end game starts at level 30 :p

4. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I really don't think it should be completely removed from gachapon. Since it's a beginner-only weapon, I don't think it's overpowered or unbalanced at all. The only thing about it that I don't like is that it makes beginners have nothing to look foreward to after level 36, and makes the class really boring.

5. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    Wouldn't it be more boring if they had to wait until higher levels to be able to use mop then? Seeing that training to 36 is a lot harder than other people.

Perhaps it would have been better to make even stronger weapons for beginners at even higher levels so they have more to look forward to. But it seems that Neckson didn't really care too much for them apart from tossing in a maroon mop.

6. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Getting to those levels will definitely be a lot harder without maple weapons, but no, it won't be more boring. The reason is that they will have more weapons to look forward to along the way, such as the polearms and skis, but the way it is your beginner is "finished" at level 36. There's no incentive to keep playing.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    4:01 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    I don't really think they should be messed with at all. What happened to GMS like?

8. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    3:01 AM
    Good point, that's what a good amount of people don't seem to realize or forget about. OnionMuha

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    10:01 AM
    Moderator Post
    This is true. And thinking a bit deeper, level 36 is still a very hard level to reach as perma beginner in 2x exp.

10. Pina

Pina Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Male
    PodoSoju - Gahm - Only81
    F/P Mage
    Glory
    Beginners blow already, don't make it harder. I see it as a milestone for their hard work getting to 36. (if i make one) not trying to get it to 100+ just to wear a mop.

11. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Played a Beginner to Lv. 68 on N****S***MS, and Beginners don't have much to look forward to as a character. The Maroon Mop fucks over the Beginner, imho. If the Maroon Mop wasn't there (which it wasn't in GMS) then Beginners could look forward to new weapons. And I obviously can't support this, but I do think that I could have gotten my Beginner to Lv. 100+ if I had more motivation to play them. (nothing to look forward to, with the Maroon Mop)

I don't think the Maroon Mop should even be able to be obtained as it wasn't in GMS. I'd be fine with having the level requirement be 110, as that is the average level requirement for other classes end-game weapons.

(Inb4 people come in here and start arguing that Maroon Mop has less DPS than other weapons.) OnionXD

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    I think that the only thing that could be argued here is that level 110 as a beginner isn't the same as level 110 as something that has, you know, skills.
    I don't think that it should get removed entirely because 220 weapon attack for a beginner isn't the same as 220 weapon attack for any other class, since beginners don't have any sort of mastery or booster, or any skills that do more than 100% damage. (Three Snails, anyone?)

• Like Like x 1
  13. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    3:01 AM
    Gabe did bring up a good point, it wasn't even available in GMS. F3 Just only in MapleSEA and maybe in KMS (not sure on that one though). So looks like there's the answer to that one. OnionMuha

• Like Like x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Fair point there. I wonder if Kim would be open to having items from MSEA (or KMS/JMS) in the game. I always assumed the mop was an iTCG item.

15. Bulba

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    It is gach in MSEA. Never knew it wasn't in GMS.

16. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Crimson Arcglaive end-game swag <3. OnionBlush

(Please just don't include Maroon Mop, as it wasn't in GMS)

17. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    IIRC Crimson Arc wasn't in v62.
    Even though Maroon Mop wasn't in GMS, it still was in official MapleStory versions and I fail to see how any harm could come from including it. It's a beginner-only weapon, it's rare anyway and it's not as overpowered as it seems. I think it should be kept but the attack should be raised in order to keep beginners fresh and interesting past level 36.

Given the context, I don't really think "it isn't GMS" is a good argument here.

• Like Like x 1
  18. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Hm, really :(? Could have sworn it was included in this version. R.I.P. Sexist Weapon in game.

Iunno, it is up to the owners, I just know that the server is aiming for the most GMS-like v0.62 server.

19. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Can you even change item requirements like that? o-o

20. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Boss bars aren't GMS either. But there is different from something game breaking and something just helpful. Since maroon mop is still an official maple item, even though it isn't gMS I don't see anything wrong with adding it. I just feel like having the level requirement as it is isn't a good idea.
    Yeah, it's actually really easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.