1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Maroon Mop's level requrement should be changed

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by NSFW, Feb 17, 2015.

Should the level be raised?

1. yes it sohuld & i want 2 have sex with u

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. n0 ur gay and i want my bginneiner 2 be gay 2

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    3:36 AM
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Iunno, I've never liked the idea of Beginner-only Equips, even Tuna. I just don't like how every single v0.62 / v0.55 has Maroon Mop added, and 95% of them don't even know that it was not in Global MapleStory.

It just seems like a thing that every v0.62 / v0.55 has to do for some reason, just like Maple Leaf / Event Trophy / Piggie System, or the FM Button.

2. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:36 AM
    NSFW
    Do 0.55s even exist anymore?

3. MrChant

MrChant Slime

Jan 3, 2015
    Male
    4:36 PM
    I dont think it should be changed. If it does, i think we shouldnt implement it in this server

4. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Why?

5. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    I really disagree with changing the required level. Either include the item or not, but don't mess with it. To me this really would just open up another can of worms. Should we raise the required level on red katana because it's better than many options 10 or 20 levels higher than it? What about BWG? 7 slot glove pretty OP for level 10, right? Sky skies and purple snowboard are also much better options than equips many levels higher. Etc.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  6. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    No, it's completely different from all of those examples.
    Maroon Mops break beginners, not because of the high weapon attack, but because it's a level 36 weapon.
    Maroon Mop is good because it's the only shot beginners have at being a viable class at all
    Maroon Mop is bad because it gives beginners nothing to look forward to after level 36 (which is a low level regardless of what job you are)

Let's get down to the specifics of your examples.

No, because it isn't a level 36 weapon better than every other weapon after it.
    No, not really. If you have the funding (which a normal level 10 won't) then a 7 slot glove is just fine. Potentially it will take months to scroll a perfect BWG. Furthermore, BWGs aren't strong enough to break the entire character. It will just give him a running start.
    Correct.
    That makes it seem like there are many examples further proving your point, of which there are none.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    Are you kidding me? Maroon mop does not make beginners viable at all. They have no mobbing skill, no mastery, no accuracy, no booster. My point was just that there are plenty of equips that are way better than equips at a higher level. A level 10 BWG is better than a level 100 glove -- It does not take funding to farm GFA (nor does it take funding to farm Showa ETC for the BWG). Level 35 Maple equips are usually the best option for the next 30 levels, and then the level 64 equips are viable until you have solid funding. And Kim has already said these will be available eventually.

I really do not understand your reasoning here. Should level 110 weapons be increased to 175 since there is no other weapon to 'look forward to' for the next 90 levels? There are plenty of other ways to improve your gear, just as there will still be plenty of work for beginners to do after level 36. Grinding to level 100 on a beginner just to use a Mop would be immensely underwhelming. They still would not be able to do anything at all. Maroon Mops do not 'break' beginners... it lets them hit maybe 3k dmg, on a single mob, at slow speed.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  8. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    When did this happen o.o?

And I could hit 4k damage on my Lv. 68 Beginner at N****S***MS, the damage itself doesn't "break" the Beginner. It's the idea that Beginners as a class didn't have much to look forward to, to begin with. In GMS, the main thing was new gear (mainly just silly new weapons, to show off) to look forward to, while in private servers with Maroon Mops available that is one less thing to work towards as a Beginner.

Also, I feel like the Maroon Mops makes Beginners less diverse. While in GMS, Beginners would use all different sorts of weapons. While in private servers with Maroon Mops, 99% of Beginners use the Maroon Mop. Diversity / customization is a huge thing for Beginners, I feel like.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:36 PM
    ?

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:36 AM
    Moderator Post
    You guys don't read him correctly, but Maple weaps are in debate still as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    He was talking about the maple equips.
    No.
    My mistake. What I meant was, it makes them more viable. A little more fun than they were.
    You made that point excessively poorly. There is no equip with such a ridiculous gap between its damage and level requirement.
    But that's just a glove, and that's different. The only reason BWGs are the best option is because of two extra slots, and white work gloves are more common anyway. White work gloves are only so common because there are no class restrictions. So following this logic, we should get rid of any item without class restrictions. BWG isn't inherently better than any of those weapons, of course a perfectly scrolled item is going to be better than an unscrolled item! A perfect level 20 Fish Spear is going to be better than any weapon until level 70. So why don't we just get rid of scrolling altogether? That just doesn't make any sense.
    Yes, but they will be exceedingly rare. Maple Weapons are incredibly overpowered, but this isn't the thread to talk about them. Take that to the Maple Weapons thread.
    ((EDIT)) Maple Weapon availability is still being debated
    That's your own problem.
    No. High levelled characters have things to look forward to such as perfecting their gear, and boss runs.
    Okay, sure. But then your beginner is level 110 with everything perfect. Now what? Tell me, what's the highest level you've gotten a beginner?
    And... grinding to level 100 on a beginner after already having it at level 36 wouldn't be? Are you even reading your own post?
    Yep. Which is why the level should be changed instead of the weapon being removed completely.
    I don't think your definition of "break" and mine are matching up perfectly here. What I mean by it is that it makes beginners exceedingly boring after level 36, so the item should have its level increased instead of being removed. Having the item too early in the game makes beginners endgame come too easily (and if you're going to say that level 36 is hard for a beginner you're sadly mistaken), but not having it at all is similarly not good because beginners have no booster or mastery. Having a weapon with such a high weapon attack available at the late-game stages for a beginner will give them something to have for the effort put in to the character, other than bragging rights.

I don't understand how someone can possibly disagree with this.

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Can you change that thread to make it so people can change their vote? I clicked the wrong one ;_;

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:36 AM
    Moderator Post
    There's one easy answer though. If Maroon Mob's was never available in GMS and only MapleSea, the chance is high I end up removing it completely. This aims to be a GMS-like server, not MapleSea. Though I guess this item is under the same problem as Maple weapons that people think they are GMS-like because every Private Server used them.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Honestly, I'd rather have it removed completely than stay as it is. Of course I feel like it should stay with a raised level requirement (that's why I made this thread), but in the end it is your call.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    I believe @Kimberly@Kimberly has already removed this from Gachapon, so will move to rejected. If she hasn't, we will reopen.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.