1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Meso Explosion knockback direction

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soblet, Sep 23, 2023.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:24 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Currently the chief bandits skill meso explosion will always knockback enemies to the left regardless of your characters positioning (making it a knockforward instead of knockback depending on your position). This has some minor advantages on a fairly niche (outside of third job grinding) skill but mostly serves as a barrier to player skill expression.

If at all possible, I'd like to suggest changing the knockback direction from "always to the left" into "to the direction the character is facing". This will open opportunities to bomb things like Aufheben triplets or CWKPQ cleave bosses (which are both often pinned right side, and also places where shadowers currently struggle) without messing up whatever pin you already have going.

Granted this will likely have little effect on the metagame as meso explosion is a rather ineffective way of spending mesos especially in the mid-endgame, but it's great to open up more ways to play.

Thank you for reading, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:24 PM
    the balance between shads and warriors will be put into question if shads gain the ability to push/knockback.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  3. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    11:24 AM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Not sure how one could equate csb/snatch/rush/magnet utility to a very limited situational usefulness, setup requiring, difficult to control, low max line damage attack, especially considering dealing five capped or nearly lines is a mere twelve seconds of dark sight (or less at endgame) away. Besides, my relatively low range (sub 6-10k) shadower already can pin most bosses reliably with no charge by simply dashing for my crit repeatedly.

• Like Like x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:24 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Due to the nature of having to first drop mesos before being able to damage mobs meso explosion isn't very suitable for pinning. This suggestion moreso asks to be able to use meso explosion without messing up someone elses pin.

And as Harley mentioned shadowers already have the skillset to pin most bosses, just not as easily as warrior/bucc could.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    8:24 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I didn’t realize Shads not being able to pay 10k per hit to knockback is what held them back from viability tbh

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    just highlighting the intricate balance between warriors, bucc and shad warrants a deeper dive more than OP's post. keep the posts coming.

7. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo Selkie Jr.

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    8:24 AM
    CaptainNemo
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Can we do the same for mage ults?

9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    12:24 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I agree with the shadower's suggestions, regarding the other things said in the topic, everyone knows that mesos explosion deals damage according to the mesos dropped, right? so it wouldn't be asking to give kb because damage is not lacking, the suggestion is about changing sides

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1