1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 Missing MapleLegends.exe in every install i download & Install!

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Datsun, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Datsun

Datsun Blue Snail

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    12:24 AM
    Hi MapleLegends Forums!

I figured i'd Join a Maplestory PS that's nostalgic as haven't played for a really long while, and well miss the experiences and fun times i had in the "Before Big-Bang era". Anyhow...

I downloaded and installed each of the Windows links one after the other seemingly finding the same first error which was my Anti-Virus loving to delete "Mal/VMProtBad-A", after some reading into i found this is just common and isn't really a threat, Anyhow i disabled my Anti-virus for a short time after re downloading and installed. No problem. (While every time it was also in firewall's exceptions list), I ran into another issue.

Basically, it seems the MapleLegends.exe simply doesn't appear to be anywhere in the files and folders after installation, so therefore i cannot run the game either. I tried twice re downloading and reinstalling two times more to no avail, same issue.

I have looked into this forums most recent threads for information, and there are some that include links from a forum member uploading the full client of their version up-to-date which were all dead, So here i am!

Regards, Hopeful-soon to be a player :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:24 AM
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

Sorry that you have issues running our game.

Can you right click the MapleLegends client > Properties > Compatibility > Windows 98/me mode > apply > and try again?

3. OP
    OP
    Datsun

Datsun Blue Snail

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Hi

Thanks for replying so quickly.

I just tried doing as you instructed, and when i ran the install again i got the error message "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running.", with nothing else happening.

4. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hi again,

Nono, don't do that on the installer, do it on the Game Client. After doing so try open the game client, not re-installing the game.

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Oh, I have just read your issue wrong, you do not get the client at all. Sorry, I am half working on stuff right now.

This is still your anti virus blocking the client from installing. Which anti virus do you use?

6. OP
    OP
    Datsun

Datsun Blue Snail

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Hah. No problem

Sophos Anti-virus, though this isn't my network so i have limited access to its options unfortunately.

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hi again,

Unfortunately the reason why your anti virus most likely detect the client is because we encrypt/pack our client. If you do not have access to its functionalities than I don't think there's anything I can do. Ask your Administrator to make an exception to the MapleLegends folder, or the client.

Sadly I do not want distribute an unpacked client because it expose our client modifications as well other stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Datsun

Datsun Blue Snail

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    Alright, Well thanks for the help anyhow. Administrator is out and i'm due to also go out soon as well. I guess the best course of action is to of course ask him.

I'm still hopeful to join your server at some point and its nice to know the staff are really helpful, and most likely has a fun/kind community.

Regards

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Hi,

Good luck and hopefully your Administrator is able to make an exception to the client or folder. If really nothing end up working I can maybe attempt use a different packer just for you in hope it may not get detected specific by your anti virus.

10. dariannbean

dariannbean Blue Snail

May 18, 2017
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Warrior
    can u please make a new client so I can play?

11. dariannbean

dariannbean Blue Snail

May 18, 2017
    Male
    4:24 PM
    Warrior
    or maybe even send me a client. i swear my anti virus is off but it's not detecting the client...

12. ohwhatever

ohwhatever King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    5:24 PM
    Duckie
    Page
    Here's what you gotta do:

Download the game.
    Before launching it, go to your firewall/antivirus and create an exemption for the .exe file.
    Launch the game.

If it is deleting the file before you can even create the exemption, disable your antivirus entirely (BE SURE TO TURN IT BACK ON RIGHT AWAY, AND DO A FULL SCAN AFTER), then download the client again. If it still is not showing up chances are you have another security program running in the background. Open task manager and look for an antivirus software that could be detecting and deleting it.

:D

13. ntnwizard

ntnwizard Blue Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    7:24 PM
    uniucky7s
    Beginner
    Iam on windows 8.1 and have the same issue the exe and windowmode file is gone. I never have had a firewall and I do not use the windows firewall

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There's no way the files disappear if it isn't for your firewall. Please check windows Defender to make sure you excepted the files because Defender turns itself back on each windows restart.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ntnwizard

ntnwizard Blue Snail

Jun 14, 2017
    Male
    7:24 PM
    uniucky7s
    Beginner
    Well seems like I fixed it. Norton was the culprit even though I said no security. Norton was not doing anything for me anyways. Stupid preinstall programs!

16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Happy Mapling <3

17. Jetlui

Jetlui Snail

May 27, 2020
    Male
    7:24 AM
    Jetlui
    Beginner
    Hi Kim....im facing the same issue here & i've disabled all AntiVirus/Protection