1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 ML.exe deleting upon first launch post installation

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Daniel, May 29, 2016.

1. Daniel

Daniel Blue Snail

May 7, 2015
    Male
    8:14 PM
    Daniel
    The issue is ML.exe gets deleted as soon as you run the game. I've installed and updated to the most recent patch however each time I try to run ML, just the .exe gets deleted. I am not running antivirus, windows defender is turned off. I have already updated the game to the most recent patch and have tried running as admin. Any suggestions/solutions?

2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    9:14 PM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Windows defender can be an asshole at times even when off, add an exception to the client and the entire ML folder from within defender and it should fix it.

3. OP
    OP
    Daniel

Daniel Blue Snail

May 7, 2015
    Male
    8:14 PM
    Daniel
    It already says WinDefend is turned off however I can't seem to enable/disable it. The cmd prompt to force enable doesn't appear to work either.

4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    When I turned it off it wouldn't turn back on either weird. I had to uninstall and reinstall then add the exception

5. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    I would HIGHLY suggest you use a proper anti-virus, such as Avira. Windows Defender can and will still leave your computer very much vulnerable (plus when you add things to exception, it will function perfectly).

If you already use another anti-virus, I apologize for assuming.

6. cowgoesmoo

cowgoesmoo Master Chronos

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Massachusetts USA
    Eisa
    Cleric
    Captivate
    It happens to me all the time, I use avast, and windows defender, you need to add it to exclusions list
    before it deletes, so you have to work fast

7. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    Another option is to simply disable active system scanning/realtime protection for the moment, until you've fully installed MapleLegends and have the MapleLegends executable in the folder to where you have it installed; adding into exclusions.

Also, having two antiviruses installed and working together at the same time are bound to cause conflicts, and make your computer running much slower than it should be. I highly recommend disabling Windows Defender if you use Avast.