1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Windows 8/8.1/10 ML random disconnect

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Krishp93, Feb 17, 2022.

1. Krishp93

Krishp93 Blue Snail

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    4:22 PM
    I have been having random disconnects on ML. This can be during CWKPQ, HT, Zak or even normal card hunting. It also happens at random times throughout the day.

Currently I run ML on my PC which is connected through an ethernet cable. My ML would randomly close without any errors. This includes the same if I am running 2 or 3 clients at the same time. I also realize that my ethernet icon on the bottom taskbar turns into a worldwide-globe symbol (this technically means that I lost my internet connection). This only happens for a brief 1-2 second.

Before you guys tell me its my internet, this issue only happens on ML. It has never happened on any other games that I play regularly. This issue began around 6 weeks ago. My internet and PC is the same since 2 years.

Any help or advice is appreciated as I cannot play ML with the constant disconnecting.
    Thank you!

2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    1:22 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I was told by Kimberly to see if a VPN would fix it on my end, to an extent it did help but it would switch IPs if the connection was bad even if Kill Switch option was on and thus the client would freeze and close.

I hope that using a VPN for you would work, give it a try.

3. OP
    OP
    Krishp93

Krishp93 Blue Snail

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    4:22 PM
    I have had some friends who tried using VPN but it did not help.
    I could give it a shot but I do not have my hopes up :(