1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Move minigames to setup inventory

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Exiled, Apr 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exiled

Exiled Horny Mushroom

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    10:48 AM
    Exile
    Chief Bandit
    Not only do the feel out of place in ETC, but also they get in the way and clog up your bag. As well, they are something you double-click on to set up... Hence, put them in setup - just like chairs.

2. Stas.

Stas. Windraider

Mar 27, 2015
    Male
    Tel-Aviv, Israel
    5:48 PM
    Sorry Exiled.
    But if we justifie such move we will have much to argue about in the future releted to that issue.
    For example bullets and stars are weapons , so why not move them to equip section ?
    And the list of thoes examples can be long.

Doing such actions also harm the GMS-Like game experience this server trying to provide , together with the nostalgic aspect he provide.
    And the best way to keep the main goal of the server is to maintain to WZ file as same as original.
    My personal opinon on that is we cant just erese everything that seems to hard or annoying
    Or on the other hand to easy , We here to play V62 not a custom x2 server

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    7:48 AM
    NSFW
    you always support such stupid suggestions but not this? what the hell man

OT: I agree 100%. I've always thought the same, even when I played GMS. It makes no sense for them to be in ETC, ETC inventory space is valuable and setup space is not. This will encourage more people to get and play more games!

• Like Like x 3
  4. David

David Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    9:48 AM
    ಠ_ಠ

OT: I support this. Makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    10:48 PM
    The way I see it, set-up is a tab for purely cosmetic stuff like chairs (the non-cash version of the "Cash" tab). So despite the name, since minigames are not cosmetic I would rather they remain where Neckson decided to chuck them. If you need more space you can always make a mule or expand your etc tab to store your other ETC stuff. There are only 2 minigames, they only take up 2 slots so I don't see it as a very big issue that warrants the switch.

• Like Like x 1
  6. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Thought they were already supposed to be in this tab..

This would be nice, just because the ETC tab is usually full as shit, while typically the SETUP tab is pretty vacant. For me, it makes more sense for the games to be in SETUP, but maybe that's just me.

7. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    We're actually talking about "double click to set up" items here, not bullets, stars, and other examples.

Also, there have been suggestions for non-V62 material that have been approved of. This server is already custom. Featuring nerffed drops and such. Already 2x too.

...I support the Etc. slot breather. Yes, Neckson decided that the minigames would go in the Etc. slots, but we're talking about making sense of things here, not a defunct company's decisions. The game isn't perfect, nothing is perfect, but it can always be improved with ideas like this.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:48 PM
    Moderator Post
    I gotta say that Minigames is possibly only thing "usable" in the ETC section.

I have no opinion of this change.

9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:48 PM
    Moderator Post
    On second thought, this is a major pain of a change to do.

I kind of forgot that this requires a lot of code to change (item ID changes), a lot of wz/server.wz changes and is just not worth it just for 2 slots.

Rejected.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.