1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

My Art Thread

Discussion in 'Artwork' started by DAJIE, Nov 18, 2021.

1. DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    7:10 AM
    Magician
    Just a collection of my maple related artwork SlimeGrin

I used to enjoy drawing when I was younger. Overtime, that passion grew smaller and smaller though. After playing Maplelegends, I was reminded of how much I enjoyed maple's cute artstyle. Picking up drawing again and posting the maple related ones here. Feel free to comment/feedback, would really appreciate any advice

OnionGirlWink

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    Post 1: kuromii

This is a drawing of kuromii, currently my level 96 White Knight. It was the character I played before
    I quit around december last year. Its not really a drawing of the character right now but what ive been playing around with in maples.im stand2_0.png

I have a maple journal of her thats long been abandoned, which u can read here

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maple-journal-kuromii-my-white-knight.35112/

I tried to journal how 14 year old me would :oops:

I digress though, here is my drawing so far...

Untitled26_20211118215853.png

Its done on my phone with a pen. I first laid out some guide lines with a symmetrical tool and some shape tools (layer 1) , then I sketched details over it (layer 2) and finally lined it using marker (layer 3). I tried adjusting the thickness of the markers. For the hair i used 15px, 9.5px for the skin, 7.5px for the facial features e.t.c. Here is a timelapse my app recorded SlimeGrin

It is still a work in progress, I have no idea how to colour so I have to start learning. Drawing at different perspectives/angles is tough too, like drawing full body or anything else that isn't 3/4.

Will be back, with better art, till then FoxBye

• Like Like x 6
  3. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    Post 2: kuromii (but different outfit)

I drew kuromii again, haha! but this time its a different outfit. Ive been playing this character again alot n I bought another outfit to match my new weapon despite washing :p

I posted a photo of my new drawing below. Together with a reference from maples.im, but they only have the new 2h-sword stance and sailor skirt in red colour, so i coloured over the red colour black but couldn't do anything about the new stance.

Untitled28_20211123141113.png

Still need to get alot better at colouring

Also, i suck at drawing full poses, so I transferred a full pose from online first and traced my drawing over it. That was the easy part though, I wasn't sure how to colour in things so I just used a ton of different brushes until i felt somewhat satisfied, or tired, haha

Heres a timelapse from start to finish

I'll post some more art in the future, till next time grinmush

• Like Like x 4
  4. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    4:10 PM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    welcome back kuromii :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    thank uu OnionHi

6. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    Post #3: kuromii (again)

I drew kuromii again xd, just that this time i drew my own guidelines n only from the waist up, still quite uncomfortable drawing feet and all. However, this time i did colour my own artwork n im pretty proud of it :p

Here's the somewhat finished drawing

Untitled33_20211130224002.png

I drew a guideline n sketched over it before finishing it with the final lines. Then for the colouring, i coloured over the drawing and kept erasing to keep it in the lines. Then, i tried shading but i feel its kind of weird. The hair was very difficult for me too, especially when trying to add highlights to the hair. Here's a timelapse :)

Finally got youtube to stop uploading it as a short :cautious:

Im gonna start learning how to do more poses n stuff like clothes folds and shading :D I will probably start drawing my priest next haha :catmouth:

P.S. I bought a name change so u might see me drawing Heartmush next time instead hehe

Will be back, till then OnionBye

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    update~ maplestory arts MapleF2

kuromii.jpg Mutsu.jpg Mutsusu.jpg Scarmy.jpg Spinel.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Korone

Korone Red Snail

Jun 6, 2023
    Female
    Outlaw
    hi, i'm really enjoying the art you drawn, it's a shame you're not doing commissions.

i'd like a drawn art in your style, particularly something avatar, profile picture worthy, like kuromi post #3

but ignore me, keep it up and have fun SlimeBlush

9. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    that's so sweet, thank you MapleF2

i could draw an avatar for you if u'd like, i won't take any mesos or money for it though.

u can message me on discord @deckss02

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    hallo! back again with another update of a new character, Snarly!
    been playing an Group IronMan challenge hosted by Skuire and so far, having a lot of fun :D
    Made some fanart of my character too, they're going to be a bandit. Snarly_1stJobADV.png SnarlyNtheSnail.png Snarly_Shopfront.png

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024 at 4:17 PM
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. SeveralBirds

SeveralBirds Blue Snail

Mar 3, 2024
    Male
    SeveralBirds
    Beginner
    Love your art :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. reneeIRL

reneeIRL Red Snail

Feb 28, 2024
    Female
    Alberta, Canada
    5:10 PM
    reneeIRL
    White Knight
    Spirit
    I absolutely love this! It makes me want to draw my characters too!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Jean

Jean Wolfspider

May 6, 2016
    Male
    7:10 PM
    Jean
    Beginner
    Funk
    good art and pixel art keep up the good work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    DAJIE

DAJIE Slime

Oct 23, 2021
    Magician
    Messing around with StableDiffusion, this took me the whole evening to set up =w=
    Honestly, its pretty fun, I wanna learn more, will probably start posting some as I progress

SD Model: Counterfeit V2.5
    SD VAE: Counterfeit V2.5
    img2img (Original: maples.im sprite)

Prompts: 1girl, solo, pirate, red hair, bags under eyes, medium breasts, looking at viewer, clenched fist, fighting stance, expressionless, simple background
    Negative Prompts: EasyNegative (embeddings), many fingers

asdf.png

• Friendly Friendly x 1