1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Mystery Mastery Books or alternate way to unlock lvl 30 skills

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by asaniqq, Dec 9, 2018.

1. asaniqq

asaniqq Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    1:10 AM
    Beasee
    Shadower
    Hi Maplelegends community and Kimmy,

I have been having talks with several high level friends (above 140) and guild mates who have been playing ML for over a year and we all feel that the current way to obtain rare skill books for high level skills (Maple Warrior, Genesis, Triple Throw, etc) is very limited to defeating HT boss. While it makes sense to make these books rare in order to make it more rewarding for the player once they obtain such a book, it bottlenecks players to hit lvl 155 and form HT squads to hunt for such books. Many classes have trouble grinding to 155 without feeling burned out, and purchasing such books on the free market can be quite expensive considering the 50% fail rate. We wonder if implementing Mystery Master Books (which appeared in GMS) that can be obtained either as rare drops from monsters or exchangeable for coupons through an NPC might be a tangible alternative for dedicated, but not yet 155+ players. Such books could be tradable but once opened, the books may not be tradable (but still transferrable between characters on the same account), which may help maintain the price of tradable mastery books obtained through bosses like HT.

Just my two cents as many of my fellow players have felt a little bit burned out from the grind and would be very happy to see some sort of reward system along these lines.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:10 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So you want to eliminate the harshness of skillbook rng and alleviate the grinding necessary to reach 155... by introducing more RNG and a system where players still need to grind for something like lottery tickets?

3. emoimo

emoimo King Slime

Jul 20, 2017
    F/P Arch Mage
    Mastery Books are pretty affordable these days. Doing APQ or hunting high value scrolls (e.g. Helmet INT 30, Claw ATT 30) for a few days should get you enough money to buy most books. Triple Throw is only like 30m right now, compared to I think over 100m a year ago (maybe even higher?). The only two books that are very expensive are MW20 and Genesis. MW is non-essential, and if you're a Bishop, you are a money-making machine.

I'm not sure what the implications of implementing Mystery Mastery Books would be on the economy of the server. I think more ways for getting money into the hands of newer players would be really nice (as the server is rather difficult for newer players for a multitude of reasons), but MMBs would probably drive down the cost of HT books even more, which is a pretty big problem for veteran players, as high level attackers are heavily reliant on the sales of HT books to make money.

The grind is rough, but best of luck!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    1 Year Ago these were the HT book prices now.
    HTP+Egg: 180m
    MW20: 900m
    Gen30: 275m-300m
    TT30:160m-180m
    Blizz30:160m-180m
    Zerk30:180-200m
    Meteo30:160m-180m

HT Book prices now.
    HTP+Egg: 90m OR 15-20apples (omegalul, rip attackers dont get paid for the run if buyers pay with apples)
    MW20: 230m
    Gen30:160m
    TT30: 25m
    Blizz30: 25m
    Zerk30:20-25m
    Meteor-3m (free)

(with these prices for books, its pretty hard for attackers, who do NOT have mages to fund themselves), nobody wants to go on a 2hr HT run and get a 2.5m split , because book prices are so low now. Hopefully xmas event brings in alot more new players and continue to 4th job. HT Books arent the issue. Lack of new players staying is the issue. **in my opinion, if i were the new players out here, I'd insta buy those low lvl books before it shoots back up, IF it does**

My guild ran HT when we were all lvl 140 (its kind've dumb to do this, but we didn't care), we enjoyed the challenge. Its not hard grinding to 155,
    if you kill zakum daily (even just doing zak arm runs is the best)
    Run pap twice a day (decent amount of exp if duo)
    Run Krexel twice a day (braindead easy boss, it just sits there and exp is amazing for 135-155)
    Grinding at Petris (Mage at the top, attackers on the bottom)
    Grinding at Shaolin Temple 3-4F / 5-6F (with a mage on the right side, attackers on the left
    Grinding at Shaolin Temple 7F (grinding with 2 attackers)

you cannot say books are "overpriced" when the price has dropped DRAMATICALLY.
    Only Reason MW20/Gen30 are still expensive, is because MW20 is an amazing buff/Gen30, is because there are more bishops on the server.

Most people APQ now, and trade in apples for books/htps.
    Apples sell pretty good now, for a PQ thats under 15minutes
    APQ is a great way to make money, just selling the apples.

I do understand the struggle of players who do not own a mage, who can't sell leech to make mesos.
    in the end, hope the economy gets better on here, but i DO UNDERSTAND the struggle of non mage players

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2