1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Name change clarification

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by StationMan, Apr 29, 2022.

Tags:
  1. StationMan

StationMan Snail

Jul 7, 2020
    Male
    1:11 AM
    Cleric, Bishop
    I have a character who I will refer to as character 1 that I am looking to change the IGN to another character's IGN that I will refer to as character 2. I own both characters. Character 2 didn't really work out so I plan on deleting them. However, that frees up the IGN I am fond of on character 2 and I would like to use that IGN on character 1.
    So to my understanding the process would go like this.
    1. Delete character 2
    2. On character 1 use the in-game change name command to request the name of my deleted char.
    3. At the time of the next server check the name change will be applied.
    Therefore my question is what happens if someone tries to make a character with character 2's IGN while my request is pending until the next server check? It is a very generic name so it is not completely unlikely to happen. My guess is that perhaps the name wouldn't actually be available to use until the next server check but that's just speculation.
    I appreciate the help and clarification in advance!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    10:11 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    They shouldn't be able to take the name while the name change is pending. Once it's in, it's in AFAIK.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1