1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Nameless Monster walks a lot more, and teleports a bit?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Lin, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:19 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): So far in the dozens of Nameless runs that i've did, he has never walked to the left that many times and.. i don't know but he seems to be walking faster?
    What is supposed to happen?:Nameless monster in my previous runs would walk pretty slowly, and would always stay pinned when i'm attacking it
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?I was doing two rounds earlier today, and did not record the first round, but i did record the second.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Fight this dood and pray it does/does not happen to you and kill your ranged attackers
    Extra information (optional):

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    12:19 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    As a reward you got more loot than it ever dropped before, I'll take the trade-off.

definitely looked buggy tho

3. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    If it aint goin to me it aint count MapleF3

4. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    11:19 AM
    Nameless aggro was probably on whoever was dealing the most dmg so you kept losing pin. Kind of like how rush doesn't work if someone else hits first cause the aggro is fixated on that other person temporarily.

To maintain pin successfully in nameless you need to make sure you're whiting. This is to make sure nameless' aggro is on you and you only. You'll occasionally lose aggro every now and then for some strange reason but you will have it pinned no issues whatsoever 99% of the time as long as you're whiting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This seems the case on some bosses but for nameless I can confirm that I can also 100% pin it with CL while not whiting the mob. the behavior shown in the video is not normal behavior, especially the fast movement.

6. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    So this is just a callout to how weak i am, pally oppression is real SlimeCry

7. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    It's then likely due to the frequency of his attacks. Skull without SI is insanely slow and the buffer period between hits probably allows nameless to switch aggro and do wanky stuff.

OP i suggest retrying this with SI and see if you see the same effects. The main difference between a mage spamming CL and this video here is that CL is casting at roughly twice the speed as skull without SI

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Okay! I'll see if i can get a bucc to come thru if i run it again tomorrow. Thanks!

9. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    Said bucc is probably going to destroy your pin with barrage but you can test it when he's in ST :)

10. Nightz

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    For good measure I'll see if I run it this week and will report back if I experience anything similar

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I could get an SI mule, for testing accuracy, and maybe run with the same folks

12. OP
    OP
    Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    It seems that i have found out that the 'faster' walking speed is a bruh moment because i usually run with a bowmaster friend that has hamstring, and i have no idea hamstring slows monster speeds. So that's out of the box.

cover2.jpg

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    6:19 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Nameless rubber banding like that reminds me of when you throw a wrestler at the rope but they bounce back and clotheslines you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    3:19 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I also found some weird wonky behavior when you reach the 50k threshold, but your attack isn't fast enough (CL), so you don't really pin it. So in my solo's, it just keeps attacking non-stop. But when you're playing with a BM, suddenly it stops attacking, and does like 10 attacks the entire run. Nameless is just a weird boss...

Also, I imagine the pinner (paly or IL) usually whites among a party of similar leveled people, because having 1.5x damage is busted...