1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need advise for spearman AP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by whowho, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. whowho

whowho Red Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    8:34 PM
    whowho
    Warrior
    how much dex do I really need as I progress through the game? I've seen some guide about 2 Dex and 3 str per level and stopping at 100 Dex. Another guide suggest stopping at 40 Dex and getting acc items.

2. Yamcha

Yamcha Slime

Jun 23, 2017
    Male
    2:34 PM
    Between 30~50 DEX.

Don't go above 60, at that point you're wasting too much damage.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I went with 60 dex, if your going with att workgloves and attack cape, I would recommend 60 dex.

EDIT: I'm a Hero, nvm my suggestion

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:34 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You can easily have 50 dex base if you scroll a 30+ dex helm and a decent lvl 100 warrior bot. You can even have 4 dex base if you use sky skis and have other things scrolled like a racc mask, shoes and branch nose.

5. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Dexless if you can. It's not without issues as unfunded and you'll likely have to choose training map accordingly early on.

At 43 you'll get the first maple weapon which is a huge accuracy boost. At 50 you can buy a zhelm which is a must have for a dexless warrior. I suggest using dex scrolled gloves (which are pretty cheap) before you can acquire a Zhelm and switch to attack gloves after that. Also as a side bonus the int from zhelm will help you a lot with getting a bit extra mp for washing down the road.

My only suggestion to afford this is choosing maps that give better meso/drops over faster exp maps. And also use as much vote nx as you can at gachapon when you reach 45. For example you can make good money training at Platoon and Master Chronos. And also utilise all quests that give nice scroll rewards.

If this sounds like too much of a headache you could also just roll with 20-30 dex. I wouldn't recommend higher than that though.

Edit: One more thing. Make sure to make use of accuracy pills in Ludi. These give 10 accuracy for 10 minutes and are equal to about 12-13 points of dex in terms of accuracy.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  6. OP
    OP
    whowho

whowho Red Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    whowho
    Warrior
    Thanks for the reply!
    Thanks for the detailed explanation. i'm currently at 55 dex (mostly because i really can't hit). I've a question though. Why are people less willing to add dex and instead buy items with scrolled str? Isn't scrolled str items cheaper than dex?

7. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Some items can't be scrolled for str and only dex/accuracy (ignoring chaosing here). A few examples are Helmet, eye acc, face acc, earrings, shoes, bottoms. It's possible to hit end game accuracy demands without sacrificing any str bonuses from gear.

If you can't it's also possible to get dex cape + dex overall and then switch those out when it's possible.
    The advantage would be that you save yourself some resets later on.

8. OP
    OP
    whowho

whowho Red Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    whowho
    Warrior
    would you advise me to go pure polearm/spear or hybrid while im a spearman?

9. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    In 4th job you'll likely use spear all the time but before that having polearm as an option doesn't hurt. Polearm Fury is really handy at maps like Wolf Spiders and Himes in 3rd job.

Max both polearm/spear mastery + booster and just ignore final attack in 2nd.

10. OP
    OP
    whowho

whowho Red Snail

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    whowho
    Warrior
    thanks for the advise! really helpful.