1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help witg irl issue

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Lumiose, May 22, 2015.

Should I quit?

1. Yea

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  3. Go and talk to him about it

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Lumiose

Lumiose Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    9:34 AM
    I/L Mage
    None
    So I work at a restaurant and i am 17 years old almost 18 en i am working there for 2 months now and I kinda dislike my job, i mean I like it but whenever the boss comes it goes bad, we all get paid very well but we do not get any breaks for 10 shifts or less and we are not insured and we do not have a contract... so i actually do not work there... the boss is kind of a Jew (selfish and greedy) and all he thinks is about money and there's no respect at work for the employees. I hate the long shift and his yelling and also no breaks... i think about quitting but the money....

Help me!

2. Deo

Deo Blue Snail

May 15, 2015
    Male
    3:34 AM
    Beginner
    On the side, look for a new job. If you think there's a chance of getting another after quitting, go for it. Getting nice amounts of money isn't worth not getting breaks or cared for, imo.

3. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    "There's no respect at work for the employees."

Sounds like you have no respect for your employer, calling him a "jew" and all.

4. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Sean
    search for a new one, when you find something better give him a 3 days notice that you will quit and bid him farewell

5. OP
    OP
    Lumiose

Lumiose Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    None
    I had respect for him at first but than I got to know him better..

6. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    If you're not happy with the job and the way you're being treated, then leave. You're 17 it's not like you're leaving a salary job or anything like that. There are plenty of other jobs out there. At a place I used to work at the management didn't seem to like me. At least most of them. They'd single me out, yell at me for small things, and made me hate my job. I left it and found another job a few months later and I like it a lot more. Better pay, better management, fun job, fun coworkers. I hope you can find the same.

7. Reptar

Reptar Timer

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    California
    12:34 AM
    Reptar
    I/L Wizard
    Horizon
    That's how business owners usually are when it comes to resturants. Your screw ups cost them money. I used to work at a pizza place and the owner was the loudest most obnoxious person when it came to work time, but when we had down time he was this nice little Italian man.

Most jobs these days hire part time reliefs so they don't have to put you on insurance or give you decent shifts. That's just how the world is when you're young and inexperienced . I worked in construction, then pizza place, then Burger King and now I make floors shiny. I work graveyards by myself and i can literally take a nap and no one would know because i have half the hospital to myself.

If I were you I'd try your best, stick with it a little longer and try finding something better while you're still working there. Also before you quit give them a 2 weeks notice or they will blackball you. My brother is 21 and still hasn't found a job because he thinks he's too good for fast food but he's an idiot thinking he can get something else without experience.

8. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    3:34 PM
    If the money is making you reconsider, then maybe you should stay a while longer until you're at your patience's end. It won't hurt to drag ad you can quit anytime when you really want to, but if you quit now and regret, you won't be able to get the job again. Also it'll help you to tolerate future mean bosses or workmates.

Or you can try this psychological method: Flip a coin to make your decision. If you have doubts or hesitations towards the coin's choice, then go for the other that would have brought you relief.

9. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:34 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    If you NEED the money, don't quit.

If you dont need it that much, quit.

Life is about being happy imo, if you can find another job that makes you smile more....go ahead!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    I have been working full time for awhile now, best advice i can give anyone in this situation is stick it out until you find a job you like doing if you hate your job keep it to maintain bills and payments but as soon as you find a job you like quit... after all life is short enjoy what you do, find a job where you wake up and say i cant wait to go to work.

11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Stay where you are and keep collecting money. Keep in mind that your job and your life are completely separate.

Do NOT talk to him about it, because you will be fired.

12. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    10:34 AM
    Invictus
    Priest
    I want to be happy and for that I NEED your NRC, you don't need it much, so go ahead, I'll wait for you in game F3

13. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Don't quit your job. Start looking for a new one. Don't tell them you're looking though, it'll make things worse. When you find one, give notice. Don't work some where you don't like. There's no point.

How are Jew's greedy though....

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    There's no contract. He can walk out the door without even talking to the boss.

15. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    Well, even better then. Find another job and high tail it.

16. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    The reality is, and this is something many people here may not tell you, is that money plays an important role is everybody's lives, including yours.

Every workplace you will go to, there will be problems with the boss and will make you work hard with little breaks if at all. The point is, you go through this pain because there's no other way, you just need that money.

I say, if you're really being paid well then stay at the current job you're at. It doesnt matter what job conditions are because there will be such issues at any workplace you go to. Switch a thousand jobs, you will still have to deal with these things, and things that happen that you did not like - thats life as an employee. Nothing me or you or the rest of the world can do about it, unless we're smart enough to open up our own business.

I know not even one single workplace where the employee got everything he wanted, perfectly suited to his needs. There will always be things that will piss you off and things that you wanted that you will not get.

So, if I were you I would STAY, simply because the job pays well and I know things wont be that MUCH better at any other workplace. But thats me - thats what I think and what I would do. The main question you need to ask yourself here is - "Whats more important to me here - the money, or, the better conditions at a job?". For me personally, the answer is money, because without enough money I wont be able to live my life the way I want to live it.

And the thing is, no matter how much you care or not care about money, it will always, and I mean always, play an important role in your and everyone else's lives. If you ever hear someone saying something like "I dont give a ---- about money" they are lieing. No such thing. Nobody can truly not give a ---- about something so vital and important. We cant avoid the simple fact that, we all need money to get on with our lives.

The true question is how much are we willing to sacrifice for that money. For me, I'd sacrifice ALOT - but some may choose to sacrifice less. Again, to each his own. So, I hope you /everyone else have learned a thing or two from this post, and gl with your lives. :)

17. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    Boss is a jew had me fucking crying. My advice...

Don't quit unless you got something else lined up. Once that's done you're golden. Leave all the negativity behind.

18. OP
    OP
    Lumiose

Lumiose Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    None
  19. OP
    OP
    Lumiose

Lumiose Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    None
    I found, something else yeah.. But only for a short term.

20. PowderedJinx

PowderedJinx Mushmom

Apr 17, 2015
    Nautilus Harbor
    PowderedJinx
    Outlaw
    for a moment, i thought that said "need help wit GIRL issue"