1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

No gachapon at launch

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by ROFLS, Mar 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    2:24 PM
    I know gachapon is in .62 maple, but it was not introduced to the game for quite a while (and to me, this really marked the first pay2win element of GMS). Obviously, it is not pay2win here, but from my experience on MANY low-rate pservers, gachapon is highly disruptive to the early-game economy. By disruptive, I do not mean that it ruins the game. I just mean that it very much shapes the server economy from the very first day.

What would guys think about delaying use of gachapon?

• Like Like x 2
  2. VonBIT

VonBIT Pac Pinky

Dec 22, 2014
    Sharkbait
    Islander
    Would rather have no Gachapon at all, but that is just me.

3. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    11:24 AM
    NSFW
    Interesting idea. Gachapon does have a pretty huge impact on the economy. It'd be interesting to see it delayed until the first person hits level 70 or something like that.

4. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    Maybe delay Gachapon until we get enough amount of people to build healthy economy.
    I support this idea tbh.

5. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    1:24 PM
    There's a level limit on the Gachapons, so that takes care of that at least to some extent. Don't really remember what level Kimmy told me she set it to though.

So that along with most people buying their NX clothes before anything else, that'll for the most part do what you're seeking.

P.S. What did level did you set it to again? lol @Kimberly@Kimberly

• Like Like x 1
  6. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    pls say 70 pls say 70 pls say 70 pls say 70

7. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    InB4 Perma Gacha Ban!

8. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    #baneverything2015

• Like Like x 3
  9. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    1:24 PM
    Very doubtful it's 70 lol, it was either 30 or 50. Cba checking through Facebook chat at the moment. OnionMuha

10. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    The way it is now I'm pretty sure you have to hit 35 to use it for those who were wondering. I'll edit if I'm wrong
    I like the idea of a total delay for x number of days or weeks. Some classes level significantly faster than others, the level delay lends itself towards them. I personally don't give a shit, but i think you'd get a lot of complaints.
    My2¢

11. Ghost

Ghost Dark Stone Golem

Jan 10, 2015
    Male
    Georgia
    Well gachapon is important for getting scrolls and equips that monster don't drop, so I don't like the idea of getting rid of it completely. But I agree that gachapon should be changed somehow. I don't like how someone could make an account here and then vote everyday for a few months and then join and gachapon hundreds of tickets to get rich in the first day or so. Or people who take breaks for a few months but still manage to vote everyday come back and do the same. Maybe monsters and bosses should drop gachapon tickets, but rarely? Some kind of system like that would seem better.

12. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:24 AM
    My concern is that players will struggle to gather pot money early on since this is on 1x drop/meso rate (I remember being poor as f in the old days).

One option could be to (temporarily?) nerf gach to drop less useful items and more pots.

13. OP
    OP
    ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    I'm a little confused as to which side you are taking here. Yes, back in 1x GMS, starting out unfunded was a struggle, and this is exactly what led to a lot of really memorable moments and behaviors which never get repeated again after you have even 500k in the bank. These include: Walking from town to town, sitting on chair to heal, running out of pots and meso in the Dungeon and then getting stuck there, etc.

14. Goofy

Goofy Mushmom

Jan 13, 2015
    SoCal
    First no maple weapons, now no gach?

This will deter a lot of potential players. I personally don't care, but sometimes you have to think about the good of the server and bury your opinion. Everyone seems to want legends ridiculously hard (harder than GMS in many cases). We're gonna end up like fables, merryjoy, NSMS, and all the hundred other hardcore servers that crumbled due to being unable to attract new players.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  15. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:24 AM
    I'm not really taking a side at the moment. I'm just worried people will end up with no money to even buy mana pots to use skills.

16. OP
    OP
    ROFLS

ROFLS Mushmom

Jan 9, 2015
    Which is exactly how it was to start out in GMS. It made the world much more exciting, needing to actually think about when to attack instead of just tanking every hit. People would find safe spots to attack from, actually try to jump over mobs, ducking by ledges so mobs would jump over you.

17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:24 PM
    Moderator Post
    This. Funny enough its a big discussing I had with Vonbit yesterday how Legends will have gachapon, will not be as hardcore, etc.

Let's get some facts out first - there's a bigger community for high rate than there would be for low rate. Heck, if we open with Origin's rate we would maybe have 100 people already. Thing is, I am a low rate person and I (and Navi) have a personal goal for this server. This goal is to replicate GMS and have as much working as possible. NightSoul is a server that is going waaay over the top. They don't replicate GMS, they are just simply said a hardcore server, literally. And yes, due to that Nightsoul barely gets any people, at all.

I already expect Legends to get less people due to low rate too but I still want this server to become something, so this will not be a Nightsoul #2. There's some things though people in this thread didn't think about and assume you only use Gachapon tickets for Cash.

Legends does not:
    -Start you with full inventory - you need buy upgrades
    -Start you with 6 character slots - you need buy character slots
    -Expiring nx (though that's 90 days so not really mattering much)

Legends isn't a server EXACTLY for hardcore people, its for people looking for a GMS-like 0.62 replicate, with coming features. I know Legends attracted a lot of the "hardcore", but "hardcore" is not my direction of Legends, nor is it even my taste to begin with, which is why this server is 2x exp, not 1x.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  18. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Sorry, I don't get what you're saying here. How are maple weapons a good thing?

19. Bobbykimchee

Bobbykimchee Pac Pinky

Feb 1, 2015
    Male
    8:24 AM
    I believe gachapon does wonders for private servers. It definitely encourages players to vote. Without gachapon... only the real die-hard Legends fans will vote to generate some publicity. It creates SOME sort of economy, good or bad, which is better than no economy at all.

I personally didn't have the luxury of gachapon back in the days because of the lack of access to NX, but gachapon will really help the server. It seems that a lot of people have a very negative image of gachapon because it was indeed the precursor of the "pay2win" era of GMS, but in this case, everyone has a fair crack at it.

And I agree with Goofy. Omitting gachapon completely will definitely deter many potential players, especially on a server with 1x drop. In GMS, finding scrolls (non pet) or throwing-stars were folklore and myths that you would only hear from people that were 60 levels higher than you, and even then, it would only happen once every so often. And that was GMS. Legends will have A LOT less players, which means less people searching for scrolls, which means less scrolls, which means less flow in the economy, which means less player interest, which means... the downfall of the server.

This is seriously the most delightful thing I've heard about this server in my one month of stay.

20. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Moved to rejected. There is already a level 35 min limit to use gachapon, and we are considering also adding some daily ticket limits as well (max 35 tickets every 24 hours?), however we won't be going as far to completely remove it from the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.