1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recruiting Oddjobs

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by deer, Oct 28, 2020.

1. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    1:47 AM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Oddjobs

Check out our website here: https://oddjobs.codeberg.page/

Forums: https://oddjobs.flarum.cloud/

[​IMG]

Oddjobs is a guild dedicated to, well, odd jobs. All members are odd-jobbed characters, spanning jobs such as:
    …and more! Check out this list for some additional ones (although even that list is not exhaustive, of course).

Requirements

Oddjobs is a very casual guild, so our requirements are really only centered around gameplay style; there are no level requirements:
    • Be cool. Don’t harsh anyone’s vibes; that’s not cool.
    • Be odd. Obviously, you gotta be playing an odd job.
    • Don’t accept leech. Don’t accept leech from anyone (yourself included), for any price (even zero). You’re still allowed to give leech to others, although that’s somewhat unlikely…
    • Have fun.
    And that’s it!

The purpose of this guild

Oddjobs is intended to be a dedicated place for people who like to play the game wrong. It’s true, we don’t include everything (e.g. not all Sleepywood-locked challengers are eligible for the guild, although of course odd-jobbed ones are!). But, we otherwise just want to be a friendly and welcoming place for chatting, partying/training together, sharing items, sharing wisdom, bossing, PQing, and so on. But, you know, with goofy weapons and wrong stats.

Who is in this guild?

We have a large number of guild members at this point, including some who are shared with other guilds in the alliance.

If you’re interested, many of our members are featured on the unofficial “odd-jobbed rankings”!

How to join

Feel free to reach out to me in-game at any time that I’m online, or hit me up on Discord at deer#1028. We have a Discord server that is not public, but you can simply ask me for an invite! Alternatively, you can make a new thread tagged with “Application” on the Oddjobs forum.

Suboptimal

Oddjobs is part of an alliance by the name of Suboptimal, which includes four other guilds:
    • Flow, the de facto off-island permabeginner guild of MapleLegends.
    • Victoria, the guild for Victoria-Island-locked characters.
    • Ossyrians, the guild for osslocked characters.
    • and Pariah, a guild for any general MapleStory weirdness that doesn’t necessarily fit neatly into other guilds.

Suboptimal is also part of a “meta-alliance” with the Dream alliance (the Suboptimal–Dream meta-alliance), which includes the guilds Nimbus, Chroma, and GangGang!

• Like Like x 9
  2. btrules

btrules Blue Snail

Sep 10, 2020
    Male
    9:47 PM
    This sounds awesome. Contacted you on discord :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy

May 31, 2017
    9:47 PM
    bigbutts
    This is really cool I might join! :) looking at the list of Oddjobs now haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Dreidel

Dreidel Red Snail

Jun 9, 2020
    Female
    6:47 PM
    GriIl
    Magician
    Today I learned what a Magelet is

5. Xhyn

Xhyn Blue Snail

Sep 7, 2020
    One day my Brigand will come alive

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Heya! Looking to join with my blood warrior, Verta. Sent you a friend request through discord SlimeSmile

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Oddjobs is currently undergoing a big push for “recruitment”, although calling it “recruitment” doesn’t really do it justice. I call it the “Odd Job Initiative”. To help explain what the Odd Job Initiative is, I’ve adapted a message that I had already composed for another purpose:
    The Odd Job Initiative is our genuine attempt to put the oddball MapleStory community in as concentrated of a space as possible, so that it may live — and ideally, thrive. Although the Odd Job Initiative is focused on the Oddjobs guild (or rather, the Suboptimal alliance as a whole), my motivation is not selfish. I genuinely believe that MapleLegends has the best chance of being a popular middle ground for oddball Maplers from all corners of the Mapleverse, and the Odd Job Initiative seeks to unify rather than divide.

You can find a to-do list — and some other materials — relating to the Odd Job Initiative here.

With all of that said, I implore anyone reading this to at least consider the idea of maybe trying out an odd-jobbed character or two of your own. Odd jobs are very diverse, so there’s a pretty solid chance that there’s at least one out there that you’d really enjoy playing!! <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    With the Stonewall guild no longer active, Oddjobs now stands as MapleLegends’s premier LGBTQIA+ guild.

It should be noted that the “A” in “LGBTQIA+” stands for not just “ace” (in the sense of asexual/aromantic spectrum), but also for “ally” :] So if you’re straight, you can still join!! You still gotta be playing an odd job tho.

In all seriousness, Fruity is still out there, so you should hit them up if you want a more general-purpose LGBTQ+ guild.

• Friendly Friendly x 1