1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Odyssey's feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Odyssey, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey

Odyssey Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    9:40 PM
    It's great that you are the only server with mini games, but think about other things as well. The base/source you are using is full of exploits and patches. You can get hacked in many ways. Stability should come before features, just saying, Nevertheless good luck.

2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    3:40 AM
    Moderator Post
    Kind of interesting you mention this seeing you guys had an "Accounts hacked" topic recently. Care to explain which exploits you talk about? Seeing you haven't seen our features topic yet (unless you saw as guest), you may want to know we also patched up a lot of exploits.

Feel free to PM Navi or I with any exploits you know about. Exploits are our highest priority since the security of our users is important.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  3. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    I will agree with one thing here - stability comes before features. Because if a server has many features but is unstable, then no one will get to enjoy these features. And I'm sure the staff here works hard on keeping this server stable, so we have nothing to worry about.

4. OP
    OP
    Odyssey

Odyssey Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    You sound confident in your work, but since you are probably using Noble's source many issues will arise. Just because accounts were hacked does not mean it was on us. It's not hard to hack into your source, as well as your website. MapleBit's scripts had many SQL injections.

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You also sound confident that our work has exploits, seeing we don't even use Maplebits. Our website has been coded from scratch, we just based our design on Maplebits. Again, feel free to PM us with exploits, but do not come just assume.

Now if you did find an exploit on our current website than again feel free tell us about the exploit. If you don't, than there's not really a point in telling us.

Just to save you the trouble; exploits such as remote, roger apple (without breaking quest), marriage dc has been patched... including a lot of other. Feel free to exploit our server once we are open beta.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  6. KOSEM

KOSEM Selkie Jr.

Jan 5, 2015
    Israel
    Odyssey, it's clear you're here merely for giving criticism for Kimberly's server, not help her with how to improve it. I can't speak for her but I could safely assume she does not want this thread to become the "MapleLegends Criticism Thread" or something like that. It is an announcement regarding the open beta and should remain that way.

Again, I'm not staff, so I dont have the power to decide here. Just stating my thoughts. You can give all the critcism you want, but naturally, a PM is preferred when it comes to sensitive kind of things that should be discussed privately.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Odyssey

Odyssey Blue Snail

Jan 6, 2015
    Male
    I don't mean to criticize but yeah dont take it the wrong way. If I find something worth reporting I will alert her whenever I'm able too.

8. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    You just said... in 3 different ways that the MapleLegends website and server source code is full of exploits, but.... "if you find something"? How are you so aware of the exploits and bugs without "finding" anything yet? That's like announcing my car will blow a head gasket soon without the knowledge that I just had a resurfaced head, compression test, etc.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Alright guys, that is enough about this topic.

Odyssey, I appreciate the warnings and if it was really meant to help us than thanks.

Feel free to help us with exploits once we are open beta.

I'll move these posts to an own topic and close it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Moving complete.

Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.