1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Omok Points/Rating Fix

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Doozy, Oct 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Doozy

Doozy Red Snail

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    11:47 PM
    Doozy
    Night Lord
    Thots
    Omok is an important part of Maple and a lot of Maplers value their rating in the game because, unlike W/L, it indicates the general skill level that one has because it is based on the elo system (win more/lose less points against higher elo). However, after one game, the points just become a random 9-digit number that holds no value. Is this a bug that can be fixed? An avid omok player, I want to see how I compare against the other omok players in this server and I'm sure others would too. Thanks ML Staff ~

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. itzjaacky

itzjaacky Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    IIIIIIIIIIII
    Dark Knight
    Influence
    I AGREE WITH YOU !!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    11:47 AM
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. JustAPig

JustAPig Master Chronos

Jul 8, 2017
    Vancouver Canada Taipei Taiwan LosAngeles US
    8:47 PM
    JustAPig
    Chief Bandit
    Honor
    Couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jase

Jase Mixed Golem

May 18, 2017
    Male
    Brampton, ON
    Forever
    Assassin
    Legacy
    I don't get wins anymore unless I get my points reset by Kim...don't wanna keep doing that..pls fix

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:47 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Same, I'm stuck on like 998 wins for a while now, LF> Omok points fix, it's been delayed long enough!
    Btw we should probably transfer this discussion back to Bulba's post where there's a full formula for it and explanation.

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:47 AM
    Moderator Post
    Next rev when you win a game, you'll gain 1 point. When you lose, you lose 2 points. All POINT stats will be reverted to 2000. The win/lose/tie stats will stay intact.

No Elo rating, etc, but this is the least <I> can do and I did reset countless people when they reached '2.1b' points, which should now no longer be possible.

Maybe I'll look deeper at some point how the RNG formula work (that is currently quite buggy) to see if I can make it a bit more interesting but not buggy.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    That's much better than what we have currently, even if temporary, I'm looking forward to it.

9. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    Don't know if there was any news I missed on the subject, but this didn't happen. everyone's points were reset but the system is the same. 2b points is just around the corner again.

10. OP
    OP
    Doozy

Doozy Red Snail

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    Doozy
    Night Lord
    Thots
    has it reverted back to the 2.1b stats rather than the new +1/-1?

11. Slime

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    It seems it wasn't changed, you see, the way the old system worked was that you got more points if one of the sides had a lot of points, and the more points people had the more absurd the number of points you got per game was.
    it seems the points were just reset, but the same problem is still present. This probably happened accidentally.