1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

One of my hobbies

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Stance88, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    7:36 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Hey ladies and gentlemen. One of my hobbies is modding pc's and consoles. I normally liquid cool/overclock/pick parts and custom build for other people.

This time I went nutts on my PS4 Pro because I was bored. All consoles are very cramped. Too much hardware stuffed into a tight space so they choke, just giving my own 2 cents about it with my mod, and it works very well. It's not very loud and I have little to no coilwhine in Pro patched games :)

Here's a short description of my mods and a small gallery;
    It's modded with aftermarket 120x20mm 1mm thick thermal pads on the memory chips.
    Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste on the APU.
    9mm tall rubber feet on the bottom.
    Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD Sata 3 SSD. (Yeah the Pro has a sata 3 port)

I cut a hole in the top cover with a dremel where I added a magnetic 240mm DemciFlex dustfilter (Can be taken on/off for cleaning)
    The whole casing is covered in custom cut carbon film.

Enjoy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Stance88

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    I would have liked to use links that directly linked the image here but can't find one that works properly. I rarely upload pics on forums and I only know about this danish one and imageshack. If you have better suggestions please give me :p

Seems like I got it working but it looks like a mess

3. Luis

Luis Slime

Apr 11, 2017
    1:36 AM
    None
    Beginner
    This it's awesome. Excelent work.
    Also, looks pretty dope.
    Just curious, how did u find out that u love modding?

4. OP
    OP
    Stance88

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    I started with cars, all the normal bolt ons but it's very expensive so I later moved on to pc's. Started with liquid cooling and it has moved onto pretty much any hardware that I can make better :p

My main hobby will always be pc's but lately I branched out into consoles and I'm having alot of fun with it :D - I fixed quite a few of the 1st gen 1000 unit PS4's for people who were having heat/noise issues. Irl I do it for free for family/friends. It's just a hobby so it's not often that I take payment, I just enjoy it and it takes stress away from the daily life :p

Also I have been a handyman since I was 17. Done carpenting, gardening, green keeping, construction work and mason work up untill I was 28 so I have always liked using my hands and tinkering with stuff. I recently had a bad shoulder injury and cracked a joint in 2 spots so I had surgery the 16th of december. I'm now going into physical therapist as a possible new job or electronical engineer :)

• Like Like x 1