1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

OPQ: "On the Way Up" Stage-Only Hit 4 Levers Instead of 5

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by holylightzx, Apr 29, 2024.

1. holylightzx

holylightzx Blue Snail

Dec 27, 2023
    Male
    10:35 PM
    Hi. OPQ is one of my favorite pqs in the game. I love how it's unique in that it emphasizes puzzle solving, teamwork, and coordination a little bit more than the other pqs. However, I think the stage that people generally find the most frustrating is "On the Way Up", which is the lever stage. With 32 combinations, if you're unlucky, it can take 3-5 minutes of mindlessly hitting the levers until you get the correct combination.

I was thinking, if it were possible, to remove one lever (maybe by removing the middle lever and covering it with wall texture). This would reduce the possible combinations from 32 to 16, doubling the chances of finding the correct combination without changing the integrity of this stage. I was thinking of only having to hit 3 levers, but having a 1/8 chance to skip this stage entirely is a little too high.

I know this can possibly take a lot of coding or even not be possible and I understand if that were the case. Thank you for reading and I appreciate all your guys' efforts in maintaining this server.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Horntail

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    2:35 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    interesting, but it always has to be well evaluated so as not to make it too easy

3. WackyWarlock

WackyWarlock Dark Stone Golem

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    1:35 AM
    WackyWarlock
    Bishop
    All of them
    I think another potential solution would be that the stage automatically clears once the correct combination is there without the leader having to spam click.