1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Owl of Minerva Revamp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by holyS11, Jan 27, 2024.

1. holyS11

holyS11 Slime

May 18, 2019
    Male
    7:54 AM
    EZEZ
    Night Lord
    Owls are one of, if not the most, purchased items in cash shop. It is a significant part of the game and our direct interface for the game's economy. In my opinion, this interface is a clunky unpleasant player experience. I don't know the limitations of the client and how "custom" an old school server can be, so I am not sure what is possible. However, it would be refreshing if any adjustments can be made at all. I think if we could implement additional features or settings, the system can be made much more robust. Even expanding on existing categories and updating/organizing the index would be so nice to see.

Some possible(?) changes:
    - Sort function by price/quantity/location
    - Filters (e.g. obtainable/unobtainable items)
    - Price history with statistics
    - Consumables categorized by stat/effect
    - Category for event items
    - Category for ALL chairs in the market (like how the search result of coins and pouches were put together)
    - Expand the list of most-searched items

Some issues:
    - Once the search results are up, it can't be moved around the screen and the character can't move
    - The pages of the search results can't be scrolled through
    - If the merchant is in the same channel, we can't find out where it is unless we move to the location and expend the owl
    - Most merchants title their shop with just the channel and room number because of that lack of information
    - Many people simply owl on a separate client to alleviate these inconveniences (which has served us well for all these years, but is not ideal)
    - Typos/inconsistent wording
    - Unobtainable items like certain scrolls indexed next to obtainable items

Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    8:54 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Also it'd be nice to see things priced from low to high (high being farthest away) to promote actual competitive pricing and discourage mass buying merchants.

Itd help huge for things like power elixirs for example because the prices are scattered everywhere so I need to flip through usually 5-10 pages to see who has the most, at the best price.

This would fall under your filters but if it was applied automatically this would be a huge QoL boost. In my eyes it might also help stabilize prices

Last edited: Jan 27, 2024