1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paladin, Shadower or Dark Knight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by day4day, May 27, 2021.

Which one is most fun for playing here on legends? (boss and solo experience)

1. Shadower

47 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. Paladin

23 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Dark Knight

17 vote(s)
    19.5%
  1. day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    10:32 AM
    Beginner
    Hello guys, im playing here ML for quite a while, and i own now a HS mule lvl 81 and 13x F/P arch mage, i dont like to sell leech to others, only myself, so to make money i just farm some stuffs and scrolls.
    But now, im looking to make a fun attacker class (properly washed, becouse i have arch mage to leech myself) and funded (not that much but im getting there). I love those 3 classes, and i want to know from u guys that play here for more time than me, wich one is the most fun playing? (boss and solo play)

TY!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    3:32 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    If you don’t want to pay too much attention during 4h boss runs, don’t go for dk (they have a much wanted party buff, though)

If you want strong 1v1 dmg, don’t go for shadower

If you want to be all-round, don’t go for paladin

Paladin is impressively boring up to 4th job (enjoy slash blasting to lvl 120 lol), but that shouldn’t be a problem if you’ll leech yourself. Shadowers have a horrible 2nd job, but the fastest 3rd job in the game (which doesn’t require dmg, so base int is fine!) if you boom mesos. Dk gets proper grinding tools at 3rd job, but lacks a rush ability (so does pally).

If you want an all round class that never needs anyone, go for buccaneer (but be prepared to go the extra mile; this is not a braindead job)

• Like Like x 5
  3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    #ShadGang

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    9:32 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I don't have any of these 3 classes so I'm just speaking based off what I know, by seeing/reading other classes doing bosses.

I'll be skipping 1st-3rd job since u stated that u have an arch mage for leeching. 4th job grinding for melee classes doesnt have much difference -> mainly just mindless grinding in 7F

For dk, u'll either love it or hate it, due to zerk. Regardless of yr opinion, its a huge meso/pot burner. I dislike the idea of zerking so, I won't talk about dk here.

In rav/pap/zak runs, I think both shads and paladin are similar in what they do. Shads jump + boom step on arms, den assasinate on body. Paladin does blast j HH on arms, den blast only on body. Fun factor wise I think its similar.

HT is where things are different. Shads have a role of being a sed target, and if yr strong enough, also ends up as attacker. While paladin only ends up as attacker. Fun facror wise, u may enjoy the stuffs that comes as a sed target, more variety of things to do.

As whereas on Paladin, the more important part would be to know the boss's elemental weakness. Hence before bossing u'll prolly wanna look up in the library to check our which elemental charge to use before fighting.

With that said tho, paladin generally deals higher dpm compared to shad and uses less NX to wash (~1m nx for 27k-30k HP)

Also, do consider hero. They are solid all rounders, but generally even more

Short summary:
    - Fun factor (most fun to least fun): DK (if u like zerk) > shad > paladin > DK (if u hate zerk)
    - Single target dpm: Paladin (elementary weak/neutral bosses) > DK > Shad > Paladin (elementally strong bosses)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Imo Hero is a great all rounder class too, without the need for other classes. Sure they need SI to hit maximum potential, but imo they do decent dmg without it.

However, hero is a very braindead class (powerstrike/slash blast till 3rd job, only use brandish at 4th job) unless u plan to use panic/coma in every situation

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    7:32 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    DK is probably the chadliest class to play solo on MapleLegends. You have a decent first job, solid second job (polearms and spears reach FAR for mobbing, even with slash blast), AMAZING third job that blows all other warriors out of the water, and a highly engaging and well respected fourth job. Not only that, but washing for 18.75k HP is pretty much free. The fatal flaw of the Dark Knight, however, is their endgame weapon's cruel and punishing inaccessibility. Good luck getting a decent Sky Ski! blankstaremush

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    i made a marauder a while ago, got him to lvl 102, but forgot to wash and it got a little boring, so its retired rn. but ty so much for the tips mate! <3

I didn't consider Hero's becouse im not a big fan of classes that u just need to hold one finger and no need to look the screen, or pay attention :hungover: but ty so much for the tips too, im considering make a Shadower i guess, fun skills, mobility and if i get strong enough, it can do a considerable DPM i guess.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    2:32 PM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    The old me would have suggested the paladin.

But i have become frail and jaded by repeated nerfs.

SHADGANG

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    [QUOTE="day4day, post: 269321, member: 13276]I didn't consider Hero's becouse im not a big fan of classes that u just need to hold one finger and no need to look the screen, or pay attention :hungover: but ty so much for the tips too, im considering make a Shadower i guess, fun skills, mobility and if i get strong enough, it can do a considerable DPM i guess.[/QUOTE]

In that case yeah, shad would be a better idea. Actually bucc too if u hit 4th job, since 4th job buccs have access to more skills, while still requiring u to use 1st-3rd job skill (based on what I read on iPippy's guide), which may arguably be more complex compared to what shads have to offer. U may consider leeching it till 4th job since the grind on bucc was too boring for u :p

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    NL?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:17 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Sometimes, you just wanna watch YouTube videos or watch stuff on Netflix as you hold one button down. I don't recommend DKs because your attention needs to be 100% on the game when bossing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    too much money and too much wash.. haha :dead:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Well you said you weren’t afraid of washing ^^

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    all the more u need a NL for this

15. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Or a hero, pally (,shad sometimes)

16. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    :shifty:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    day4day

day4day Brown Teddy

Aug 7, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    also, kalashkalash just a question since you mentioned buccaneer, wich one has more DPS: Bucc or Shad?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I believe shads are better cleaves

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    9:32 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    In the current bossing meta, shads will do more cleave dmg. Buccs are better for single-target dmg.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    There’s your answer :)
    Don’t forget the value of si and timeleap for buccs, though