1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Paladin's 2nd HP challenge requires Magic Crash

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shayyyy, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    6:50 PM
    Hey, as the title says the 2nd HP Challenge given by Dances with Balrogs states you need to use Magic Crash on an enemy successfully 600 times.
    Unfortunately, not only do both major guides for Paladin do not suggest this skill at all, one of them also claims this skill doesn't work on our server!
    I'm currently level 129 and don't have a single point in Magic Crash, and even though I can use SP to reallocate a point to it, at level 1 the skill only works in 24% of the times, meaning this challenge will be hell to finish.

The bottom line is I feel like this challenge can be remade to better suit a paladin's gameplay because right now it seems completely irrelevant.
    I'm adding the two top guides for Paladins to backup what I've said before:
    Warrior - The Overly Comprehensive Paladin Guide | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory
    Warrior - [Guide] Nisse's Hybrid Paladin Guide! (Updated) | MapleLegends Forums - Old School MapleStory

Also I'd love for someone to confirm if the skill Magic Crash actually works on our server or not.
    Thanks!

editing: Just wanted to say thanks to the staff for their helpful answers! For those with the same problem/concern: The skill does in fact work on this monster buff [​IMG] (Birks are the suggested mob for this challenge). The 24% success rate for lvl 1 Magic Crash is enough to be done with this challenge in a matter of half an hour.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Magic crash does work as intended.
    Would suggest using it at Birks

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Those guides may be outdated, magic crash is pretty useful albeit niche

I'd recommend SP washing to raise it, since you should have spare NX from not HP washing

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    SP challenges when.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    upload_2023-11-17_12-57-35.png
    Is this the magic defense-up that is supposed to be 'crushed'? If so, it 100% is not crushed, no matter how much I spam the Magic Crash skill. I am genuinely confused right now, what am I doing wrong?

6. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    That effect is magic attack up. The one you're looking for is slightly different: [​IMG] it's a circle with dots forming a +, instead of a diamond with dots forming an X.

Regular Birks will cast magic def up, so I'd suggest hunting those, instead of Dual Birks.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Shayyyy

Shayyyy Orange Mushroom

Dec 16, 2017
    Hey thanks for clarifying, I couldn't find any explanation for this on google.
    It seems I was mistaken then, the skill does in fact work (although there's no clear indication other than checking !challenges after every use)
    Thank you both for the help :)
    This skill still seems useless though haha

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    12:50 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Make some archmage friends and start running bosses that buff their mdef ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 1