1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Exp

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Xydan, Apr 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    3:52 AM
    Xydan
    After playing Maplelegends and a couple other oldschool servers for a while, I've come to realise that Holy Symbol is incredibly dominant. HS pretty much dictates the tempo at which you grind, and where the best maps are; you almost always want to find a priest w/ HS for grinding. With the recent loss of Mannies, this has only become more true.

After looking at the party exp numbers, I believe a "bandaid" for this problem is to increase the bonus party exp, but nerf HS by the same amount. This would help people who can't find HS to grind more efficiently in a party, but also keep HS from becoming even stronger.

According to what I can find on the forum, the party bonus is 10% for 2 people, 15% for 3, and so on. A max HS gives 50% for parties of 2+. If we change the numbers so that the party bonus is increased by 10% at all sizes, but nerf HS by 10%, we can help ease the dependence on HS but still keep priests incredibly valuable. A 20% exp bonus would help tremendously; many maps are either inefficient with a party, or just better solo. And I can only think of a handful of maps that are actually viable with 3+ people, especially without HS.

This party bonus exp buff would make 2-man parties without HS more consistently useful, instead of only sometimes worthwhile, and may actually make 3+ parties effectual on more maps. Considering the numerous discussions on how to encourage party play, perhaps instead of nerfing currently meta maps (like mannies) we can make parties without HS desirable.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.