1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Permanent NX

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Aquarium, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    12:49 AM
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I suggest making all the NX (at least the clothes), you buy from the CS, permanent since there's no point in having expiring ones. Neckson only made them expire to make more money and that isn't the case here.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  2. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    3:49 PM
    NSFW
    They expire here so people will be more wise with what they spend NX on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    Having to replace your NX clothes every 3 months is just annoying, especially if you don't remember what the name of the clothes you had. Also, the clothes are very cheap, it's only like 2-3 days of voting so it shouldn't matter too much in terms of using the NX wisely.

EDIT: When it comes to items it doesn't matter too much since you'll probably use them before they expire but making them permanent would help if you accidently buy an item a long time before you need to use it.

4. SdwSlyr606

SdwSlyr606 Orange Mushroom

Dec 22, 2014
    Male
    Atlantis
    5:49 PM
    I think they're going to have permanent NX clothes be obtainable through donations, though if I'm remembering this stuff wrong then someone correct me pls. OnionMuha

5. Jaikor

Jaikor Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 5, 2015
    This is one of those GMS-like features that will most likely not be removed. Have you taken in account that if you vote every single day, for the next 3 months after your purchase you will have generated 450k NX? This is more than enough to cover the expense of NX clothing. Not remembering the name of the NX clothing you had is not a valid argument for why NX items should be permanent. You could always wish list them or keep a note on the side of the items you have purchased. However, permanent NX items through donations and events may be a possibility.

• Like Like x 5
  6. OP
    OP
    Aquarium

Aquarium Selkie Jr.

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Aquarium
    Spearman
    I know forgetting is not an excuse but I remember Neckson having permanent clothes purchasable for a short period of time for like 3x the price, which I think would be a fair addition. I don't see why permanent NX is such a big deal though?

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Because not having permanent NX forces people to be more wise with what they spend NX on. Also, this has already been discussed, use the search feature.

8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Expired Cash items is part of GMS and it was needed to make Cash Shop Storage work. We have no plans to remove this ever, who knows we offer permanent Cash items by events or some sorts, Donor Cash items will be permanent by default.

Moved to rejected.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    6:49 PM
    Moderator Post
    Clarifying that something I mentioned a while ago - expiring NX needed to make CS storage work - isnt entirely true. But at the time due to incorrect structure of some packets, correcting the expiration structure was needed for the majority of items to be used with CS Storage.

With that being said, Kim and I thought that having expiring NX would allow us to not only prevent some players from hoarding items and running out of space (due to non-droppable or tradable cash items), but it would also give us some leeway to reward active players with ocassional permanent NX events. It also creates some small discrepancy with donor NX items since those are permenent, and it makes them a little more appealing :p

• Like Like x 4