1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Fixed Next Patch Pets falling off when finish climbing a ladder

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Zelith, Jun 17, 2023.

1. Zelith

Zelith Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2020
    Male
    12:30 AM
    Zelith
    Ranger
    Pokemons
    Description of the bug: : https://youtu.be/QOReoSW-Joo My pets are falling off when I finish climbing a ladder. But this only happens if I start climbing from below. This does not happen if I start from above, climb down, then back up. Youtube video demonstrating both interactions.
    What is supposed to happen?: Pets don't jump off and climb up the ladder with you.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Every time I climb up a ladder.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): I never had this problem back when I played in 2020. It was nice when I could climb up a ladder to a platform full of drops. I cast a genesis, and my pets would split going left and right looting everything during my genesis cast. But now that they fall off, it messes up that interaction.

2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    The interaction that pets have with ropes/ladders for me seems fine, it only happened once in my example video

3. OP
    OP
    Zelith

Zelith Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2020
    Male
    Zelith
    Ranger
    Pokemons
    I just tested it out in FM and found that it was fine. I now noticed that depending on how long you climb on the ladder prior to reaching the top, the pets will or won't fall off. If it's a long climb, they fall off. In the second video, you can see the difference when I start climbing from the bottom or when I jump to a higher point on the rope.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Zelith

Zelith Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2020
    Male
    Zelith
    Ranger
    Pokemons
    I'm also now noticing the difference between climbing up the ladder/rope and starting from the top and coming up. The pets jump onto the plat from the ladder/rope when coming from below. And when starting from above, they get up onto the platform in the same spot as you, not to the side of you like when they jump. The latter interaction was the norm when I played 3 years ago regardless of where I started climbing the ladder/rope. It made it so that my two pets would run off in different directions, looting stuff. Now instead, they'll both run together since they're both jumping in the same direction. I tested this a couple of times in GS6. As shown in the 2nd and 3rd videos, I teleport upward to replicate the old ladder/rope interaction where they appear in the same spot as you. In the second video, I teleport all the way up and only to the top step of the stair, but the pets still worked the way I would expect them to, running off in two different directions.

This isn't game-changing or a deal-breaker for my enjoyment of the game. I just can't min-max and micromanage my pets to loot things as fast as I would like them to. Do we know when this jumping thing was changed?

5. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    9:30 AM
    Moderator Post
    Pets falling from ladders/ropes whenever player speed is above 100 is a consequence of our temporary fix for ladder/rope crashes happening this patch, as highlighted in our June 9th maintenance notes:
    It will be properly reimplemented in the next patch. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Zelith

Zelith Blue Snail

Jun 7, 2020
    Male
    Zelith
    Ranger
    Pokemons
    I see! Thanks for the response!