1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Possibly found a bug during the washing of Buccaneer.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Chow, May 17, 2017.

1. Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    8:40 AM
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    Used ap reset for HP washing, The AP reset window shows -16 mp and +18 hp before usage of the AP reset. (This number is supposed to be 40 hp but from data I've gathered from BuccaneerBuccaneer this a bug in this version, which is fine as long as the number that is added IS actually 40HP). After usage is where the problem lies, instead of actually adding 40 hp it adds 18 hp just like it's stated in the AP reset window.

What is supposed to happen?:
    Each AP reset during HP washing should subtract 16 mp and add 40 hp.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    I started hp washing for the first time last Tuesday night, but noticed that something went wrong even though I took the right steps to wash, I wasn't getting the right number of hp like I'm supposed to each wash. I used 3 AP resets that day to figure out what went wrong but didn't manage to find out. I took to discord to ask BuccaneerBuccaneer for guidance because he knows a lot more about Hp washing than I do, he kinda teached me how to do it. We just went to check on the same process again to make sure I didn't do anything wrong, this time aware of the fact that the steps I took were right we ended up with the same results, 1 AP reset (wash) gave me +18 hp again instead of 40 hp

(To get a better idea of what I'm trying to say, I advise to look up BuccaneerBuccaneer 's Guide to HP washing).

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    1. Reset 1 str into hp to start washing (or use 1 ap from level up to put into hp)
    2. Use 1 AP reset, subtract MP and add it to HP. (-16 MP / +18 HP)
    (You need an extra.mp pool created by having int/equipping int gears on level up)

Extra information (optional):
    Provided screenshots of the steps I took, with Improve MaxHP skill (MAXED) included.
    (This "bug" might have something to do with Improve MaxHP being slightly bugged, altho that's just an assumption. I'm not sure what the problem could be otherwise.)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What I do know is that there is a difference between adding AP to HP or MP when it is "fresh" from a level or not. Fresh AP gives you the full RNG of possibility plus any MP bonus to int, plus increased bonuses from skills.

But when you reset AP, you lose the maximum amount of HP or MP and gain the minimum, and any int bonuses don't apply. Not sure if the skill bonuses apply either...

But this could be why. It's much more economical for a bucc to level up and add the AP to HP straight away, then wash the mp out, rather than trying to exchange MP for HP through resets.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    2:40 AM
    Yes you are correct that fresh AP gives the full RNG. Depending on your class, you get different RNG range for fresh AP verses MP->HP.

As you can see here, this is where you get the extra 20 HP: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/character/class/brawler
    (The "if AP applied, +20 more on top on MaxHP" section)

Some code for your bucc HP washing:
    FRESH LEVEL UP:

} else if (c.getPlayer().getJob().isA(MapleJob.PIRATE)) {
    improvingMaxHP = SkillFactory.getSkill(5100000);
    improvingMaxHPLevel = c.getPlayer().getSkillLevel(improvingMaxHP);
    if (improvingMaxHPLevel >= 1) {
    MaxHP += rand(16, 20) + improvingMaxHP.getEffect(improvingMaxHPLevel).getY();
    } else {
    MaxHP += rand(16, 20);

MP -> HP:

} else if (c.getPlayer().getJob().isA(MapleJob.PIRATE)) {
    ISkill improvingMaxHP = SkillFactory.getSkill(5100000);
    int improvingMaxHPLevel = c.getPlayer().getSkillLevel(improvingMaxHP);
    maxhp += 20;
    if (improvingMaxHPLevel >= 1) {
    maxhp += improvingMaxHP.getEffect(improvingMaxHPLevel).getY();

For a Buccaneer:
    Fresh AP: 36 ~ 40 HP
    MP->HP: 40 HP

Which means it isn't more economical for a bucc to use fresh AP which averages 38 HP. Instead you can use MP -> HP method to guarantee your 40 HP. He isn't getting 40 HP, much less he got 18 each time which doesn't make any sense.

• Like Like x 1
  4. andyandpandy

andyandpandy Mano

May 13, 2015
    Male
    Andyandpandy
    Magician
    Pretty sure its not a bug.
    I've been hp washing to 30k and i've been putting into hp from ap (leveling) to get the extra hp i needed aka. the "40 hp" in your case.
    I read it in a guide from a hero here on legends that this is the way hp washing works on this server.

Link:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/comprehensive-hero-guide.6402/

Quote from link:
    As for how to go about doing this, you won't wash anything until around level 90. At level 90, start adding the AP you gain from leveling into your HP, then wash your MP into your STR. This is different from how I learned it but it's how this server's HP washing works, so you need to! If you try to wash MP directly into HP you'll only get +20 HP per point rather than +50 (just average, it can be higher than 50 sometimes). I suppose this is because you need to add direct AP to proc the skill boost of Improve Max HP Increase (+30 to the +20 you normally get = +50) rather than MP. So that's how you should go about it!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    If what you say is true, then that means you can only use fresh AP (which for the buccaneer is 36~40) and not mp -> hp. This should be a bug since how come you get a much less HP gain from mp -> hp by doing not fresh points?

• Like Like x 1
  6. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    1:40 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    So the question is: "Should the MaxHP skill proc by using AP points coming from AP reset?"
    If answer is yes, then we have a bug.
    If answer is no then don't.

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:40 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the reason it's like the way it is is because with a high INT, you could just keep washing back and forth HP to MP and vice versa and eventually max out your HP and MP .... even if that does take an obscenely ridiculous amount of AP.

When resets remove the max amount and give back the minimum amount, however, this is impossible.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    mp>hp will always give you the lowest gain possible which is why people use lvl up AP. It doesn't trigger max hp/mp increase on warriors or mages either.

That's how it's always been anyway.

9. OP
    OP
    Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    KimberlyKimberly I just returned home from college, and noticed I had a few replies on this thread, not only that but my thread has been changed to Not a Bug.
    Cool that it has been edited but I'd like to know why exactly it isn't a bug from whoever marked this as not a bug instead of getting no reply.
    Some confirmation as to why this is would be appreciated, whether it's a bug or not I still used nx to get and use those AP resets to hp wash, which went wrong and instead of gaining hp I lost some because I had to fix up my other stats after it went wrong. I'm not expecting any refunds but an explaination would be nice to say the least. Because now I still don't know what went wrong, or what I should've done.

10. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    I believe it just doesn't take into account the improve hp, as usually the base for melee is +18, range is +16.
    I've seen some servers like Royals implement what you are saying,
    While other severs leave it.

It's kinda silly that adding mp>hp would yield more HP than adding a fresh point.
    As no other class (including warriors which have a HP buff skill) has this option.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Chow

Chow Selkie Jr.

Jul 28, 2016
    Male
    I just wanna stress that I'm in no way an hp washing expert, this is honestly a very hard topic for me to talk about because the reason I do it is simply to increase my survivability on my Buccaneer, it took me a long time and quite some explaination from players to understand the concept of it and what steps you need to take to make it work.

From what I understand the only way I can hp wash here on ML is by adding fresh ap into hp, and then for every hp point I wash MP from extra int pool gained through leveling with int/int gears on back into my main stat (STR in my case)?

The one thing that I'm afraid of is that, now me being at lvl 127 that method makes it seem like I've started super late with washing, and pretty much screwed up my characters high hp potential + the fact that I'll now need 5 resets everytime I level up otherwise I either have to, not wash or choose to keep my str the same until I can afford the nx to buy resets to wash and add points back into str from my extra MP pool. I've spend a crazy amount of time and effort getting my character to the point it is at now, I am in no way, shape or form going to remake it.

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not me who changed the prefix; I am also not a HP wash expert enough to answer this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Like I said every server has it's different additions to it.
    But the general HP washing concept is fresh AP gives more HP, than doing MP>HP.

It really depends on what you want Kim, I could try digging up an old Bucc washing guide from before big bang and looking at those numbers.

But I know for a fact that royals used the hp washing method stated by ChowChow

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    feel free look up what is gmslike

15. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    Depending on what class, level up AP or mp to hp can give more HP.

Found anything regarding the original washing methods? Even if it isn't "original", I think is a good idea to add this method of washing so that people can have two ways to wash.

16. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    No that's not true. Every class has a certain range for lvl up ap, for example thieves gain 16-20 hp and mp to hp always gets the lowest amount possible (16), no max hp skill bonus and no variable bonus.

There's already two ways to wash, ones just more efficient than the other which it should be because mp to hp is easier to (ab)use.

17. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    I'm talking about this (taken by Pheelo):
    Here's some data for those who already know about HP Washing:
    Job, HP gained, MP lost, Min MP, Min HP
    Beginner, +8~12HP, -8MP, (10 x level) +2, (12 x level) +50
    Warrior, +50~54HP, -4MP, (4 x level) +156, (24 x level) +172
    Thief, +20~24HP, -12MP, (4 x level) +56, (24 x level) +472
    Bowman, +16~20HP, -12MP, (14 x level) +148, (20 x level) +378
    Magician, +6~10HP, -90MP, (14 x level) +148, (20 x level) +378
    Pirate, +16~20HP (+36~40HP for Brawlers), -16MP, (18 x level) +111, (22 x level) +380

Here's some data for HP washing by adding the point to HP using an AP reset, and then removing it using another reset:
    Job, HP gained, MP lost, Min MP, Min HP
    Beginner, +8~12HP, -8MP, (10 x level) +2, (12 x level) +50
    Warrior, +50~55HP, -4MP, (4 x level) +156, (24 x level) +172
    Thief, +16~20HP, -12MP, (4 x level) +56, (24 x level) +472
    Bowman, +16~20HP, -12MP, (14 x level) +148, (20 x level) +378
    Magician, +10~20HP, -90MP, (14 x level) +148, (20 x level) +378
    Pirate, +20HP (+40HP for Brawlers), -16MP, (18 x level) +111, (22 x level) +380

And one method isn't more efficient than the other. Depending on class and HP goal, each one has their own merits.

18. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Sorry Jackson, this is true to Royals, but not here SlimeGrin
    The data for HP washing by adding the point to HP using an AP reset is not correct, at least for warrior. We gain 20 (ish) HP with that method, which is why people use level up APs instead :)

Even though Improved MaxHP increase clearly states: "if AP applied, +30 more on top on MaxHP", it doesn't work and tbh I have no idea why.

19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Those numbers aren't correct for this server. I found this guide to be useful https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/hp-washing-guide.3409/

20. Buccaneer

Buccaneer Horny Mushroom

Mar 29, 2017
    Male
    Yes friends xD

That's the argument I'm making here! Why does it not work on this server? Just just from royals, but other pre-big bang servers always have this alternate way of washing. Only this server, have I found out, doesn't allow this type of washing. I assumed all pre-big bang servers had both washing types because I have done that not only for royals, but for other servers too. I am aware there is a difference from this server compared to others and I'm wondering why is that?

Also I'm not saying everything should be what I think is right either or what I'm used to :p I just find this very odd that only this particular server doesn't host both ways to wash.