1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Promo Codes

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by mettzi, Apr 2, 2015.

1. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    12:58 AM
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    I've been told that Promo Codes (given away through MapleLegends social media) could possibly be used to get Facestompers, Stormcasters, and other iTCG items.

Instead of that, I thought of a better use for the promo codes that would be more fair and not game changing. Maybe the promo codes could be used to redeem a chair, rare NX equips (not in CS), or rare pets (not in CS).

Not everyone has a Twitter or Facebook, and people live in different time zones so I feel like giving away actual game items would be unfair. Plus they're basically getting an OP item for free by doing nothing.

2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    You don't have to have a Facebook or Twitter to view the pages. What's going on here is encouragement to promote the server through social media, which is great. It will actually be more fair for rewards than in-game GM events, which could last anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. (Just how it is on other servers.) That's not much of a window for every time zone to participate. I don't think they'll be posting a promo code on the social media sites and then taking it down in that quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    6:58 AM
    @Midnight@Midnight, I don't think the issue is that Facebook/Twitter/... are being used to promote the server, and even reward players through those channels. But the fact that, apparently, these rewards might be endgame quality is what @crisk21@crisk21 is a bit worried about (correct me if I'm wrong). And I share that (crisk's) opinion, still waiting for any news on what those rewards will/might be.

4. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Oh.
    Well, there is that. I would rather work harder for them too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Yep that's my concern. End-game gear shouldn't be obtained through social media imo. It's too easy and doesn't give a fair chance to everyone.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    Should mention that Facestompers or Stormcaster Gloves would never be given out already made, any promo codes would pretty much only give out the forging materials. Everything iTCG-related would have to be forged via the iTCG NPCs. My intention was to have there be a randomizer decide which reward to give out, based on a list of possible iTCG items that Neckson gave out. You can find that list here: http://itcg.maplestorygameguide.com/codes.shtml

You can find the requirements to create iTCG equips here: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/item-synthesis/itcg

• Like Like x 1
  7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    9:58 PM
    NSFW
    Man I do like that idea.
    Also, I saw the "Donor" section of the cash shop. Super cool goodness going on there. It would be interesting to make the regular cash shop items permanent if they were bought with donor points. Not sure how you and kim would feel about that but it's just a passing thought I had.

8. OP
    OP
    mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    Whether it's one piece of the item or the whole thing, I still feel the same since people are unable to obtain the parts in game. I know that's how Neckson iTCG was with their trading cards, but has Neckson always made the best decisions? Look at GMS now..I just think that iTCG items should be obtainable through an in-game process and be available to anyone, not just promo code winners. Give promo code winners something cosmetic, not an item that gives them an advantage.

EDIT: If this were to go through, it would kinda give me a CMS vibe. If you won an event you got maple leafs that you could trade in for OP items, some of which were only obtainable through this system. It has similar flaws to this system because both have the issue of not giving everyone a chance (time zones), and they both reward players for something very insignificant. "Oh you won the JQ?? Here's a 2att strawberry popsicle!"

The effort required doesn't justify the reward.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    • Like Like x 1