1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

QoL Changes For a Better Experience

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by iExisted, Mar 28, 2020.

1. iExisted

iExisted Snail

Mar 23, 2020
    Male
    12:49 AM
    iExisted
    Warrior
    MapleLegends has been my favorite pserver so far, but there were some things that my friends and I noticed that the game lacks in regards to QoL. They're going to be playing on a different pserver as a result, which means I would be too. I realize that some of these suggestions may not be directly feasible, but I wouldn't know what is and isn't since I don't know what goes into managing a pserver like MapleLegends.

There were a few problems with voting system. One of my friends were only getting 500 cash from voting until we figured out it was related to email confirmation. It wasn't made clear that this was the the reason, in fact I just kinda guessed that was the problem. Perhaps there could be an in-game message similar to the "You can vote now" that lets the player know they need to verify their email for full benefits. Err, or to send a support ticket in case the email never shows up in the first place, in the case for my friend.

I understand that the vote system not working at times was related to the influx of players and was out of the game's control, but the game as a whole should be aiming to sustain a larger number of players. There were many little things that added up to make the experience less fun due to the server (I assume) not being prepared to host this many players. Bosses were always on cooldown, mini dungeons were almost always full, and some PQs had a wait time of at least 10 minutes. All of these problems could be addressed by adding a few more channels, but if that were not possible then there are surely roundabout ways to address these issues. (Such as not limiting a channel to only one PQ or dungeon.)

Aside from that, every other problem we encountered was fair: lacking mesos and slow leveling. Well, some quests could do with rewarding more XP because even 3x isn't enough for some of them. I'm sure that's incredibly tedious though as opposed to adjusting a global modifier. (This section is mostly irrelevant lol)

Anyway, the last thing I can remember that made the game less fun for some of my friends was not being able to perform a ranged attack while jumping. The thief could do this just fine but the others had to wait for an opening to use their skills, which slows down gameplay.

The majority of these issues were all related to wasting time to some extent. Speeding up gameplay through QoL changes that don't take too much away from the original Maplestory experience would probably help make newer players keep playing and ensure that the server's population continues to grow. Eh, this would've been the case for my friends and I anyway, lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:49 AM
    Moderator Post
    Verify email? What? This is not a thing. What do you mean?

See my announcement about additional channels

I agree with what I bold down. This is opinion based and this is a low rate server.

That's how it was for every single pre-bb version.

Curious, but which server did your friends move to? Is it post big bang?