1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Quest line locked out because quest is not repeatable and other quest is.

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Luscious, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    11:57 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): I was doing the Zeno quest line ( http://bbb.hidden-street.net/quest/ludus-lake/artificial-combatant-zeno ) and completed 'The Ultrasonic Wave Decoder' and received the fake Wave Translator item. This unlocked the quest 'The Endangered Lives of Grays' which should not be repeatable, but is. Afterwards, you're supposed to go back to Dr. Kim and repeat 'The Ultrasonic Wave Decoder' until you get the real Wave Translator to unlock the quest 'The Imperiled Grays' but The Ultrasonic Wave Decoder quest is not repeatable but should be. You can see that it is completed in my quest list but not listed as repeatable. Now I am locked out of finishing the quest line for Zeno.

cd30c9e7fc61d7bb4d4af614bae3e837.png
    Maple0539.jpg Maple0545.jpg Maple0542.jpg Maple0546.jpg

What is supposed to happen?: The Endangered Lives of Grays does not need to be repeatable. The Ultrasonic Wave Decoder needs to be repeatable.

Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: Just now in Omega Sector.

A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional): Complete the quest The Ultrasonic Wave Decoder and receive the fake wave translator (random) to unlock the quest 'The Endangered Lives of Grays'.

Extra information (optional): ask me for more info if needed.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:57 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I got a fake one too :/ can't remember how exactly I got further. Did you try dropping the fake?

3. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    No because there's nothing suggesting to drop it.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You need get rid of the fake one afaik. There's surely nothing you can do with it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Dropping the fake wave translator made the quest repeatable. That's weird behavior, but it works. Thanks.

Edit: Also, dropping the fake wave translator also made the Endangered Lived of Grays quest not repeatable.

6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    They (Neckson) probably did that so you can't instant re-take it after you got the fake one. You, as a human need realise 'oh, this one is fake.. bah!' and go back to that dude to get a real one MapleF3

... Probably not, but hey

7. OP
    OP
    Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    Yeah, intuitively it was clear that Dr. Kim would like to see his malfunctioning tool...

8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:57 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So uh hey... I've gotten the malfunctioning one six times so far. That can actually happen right?

I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged or something. OnionGloomy

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The Junk Yard has Spaceships and Communicators for cheap. Ch 6 FM2

10. Zooploop

Zooploop Master Chronos

Aug 15, 2018
    Male
    2:57 AM
    Crusader
    Had a friend who took 15+ tries, it happens

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:57 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Thanks, but I still have lots of cards to collect. OnionBye

12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Where do you think my stores get supplied? lol