1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Shadow Stars (NL)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Poogles, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    5:13 PM
    Poogles, Poogies, Poogle, Poogie
    Dark Knight, Bishop, Night Lord, Shadower
    Guildless
    I noticed that when the Shadow Stars skill is cast while the currently equipped (highlighted) set of stars has between 1 and 199 stars remaining, the 200 stars consumed from the skill is drained from the next set of stars in inventory instead, while the first set stays at the same number and remains equipped. Also, the attack bonus from the first set of stars is always applied to damage range as long as SS is refreshed with that set having between 1-199 stars. Essentially, this means only one set of good attack stars are required, with the rest of the sets being cheap, "filler" stars.

Other thing I noticed is what seems to a visual bug, depending on player perspective. For example, I cast SS while an equipped set of Balanced Furies (+30 Att) is at 199 stars remaining, draining 200 stars instead from my next set, which are Steelies (+25 Att). While my damage range retains the +30 attack bonus from the Furies, the character shows two different stars being thrown depending on perspective: Furies are shown on my screen, while Steelies are shown on other players' screens.

In the end, it just feels like this could be a bug - I don't know what is or isn't intended, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    6:13 PM
    This is a thing in gms that was patched in later versions. If you have 2 sets and put the second set last it'll still show furies.

3. OP
    OP
    Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    Guildless
  4. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    3:13 PM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    so i technically only need 1 set of good stars? or has that been fixed in Legends?

5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    6:13 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    The damage part was never a glitch in GMS. It would show up in your range that you were still doing the same amount of damage, but the actual damage done to the monster was whatever star you were throwing.

6. OP
    OP
    Poogles

Poogles Slime

Aug 4, 2017
    Male
    Texas, U.S.
    Guildless
    I would think so. Unless the damage range shown in the stats window is bugged in this scenario MapleF12

Edit: I recently had time to test it myself (1 Balanced Fury w/ Subis), and it's confirmed that the damage comes from the first set. So yes, you only need one set of good stars. Steelies are a great choice for the filler stars since they recharge cap to 1200, as opposed to 1000 for Ilbis. Highly recommended to sell all Ilbis once you can craft or afford a set of Furies. (You can also have two sets of the primary stars if you want the cosmetic effect of other players seeing those stars thrown, as pointed out from Hyoon's post.)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018