1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer Ranger Training locations

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Jem, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Enter Galactic You and Me
    6:40 PM
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    I've been searching forums/googling a bunch of Ranger/BM guides but most of them seem a little outdated (at least for this server, monster wise) or training locations don't seem accurate for levels described. Anywho I'm lvl 89 Ranger looking to see best place to grind a couple lvls before I buy some leech (more :p) or move to Spirit Vikings. I'm low STR and have some decent equips, maxed AR 3 puppet and like 15 Strafe. Haven't tried WR's since I got to 89 I'm sure it's still decent exp, and WS still 2 shot me so seems like a pot burner. Leave Recommendations or suggestions <3
    p.s L> someone selling ulu split leech 3m !

2. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I did spirit vikings at level 85'ish. You can start training there now. At the beginning, it's going to feel like it's very pot burny. But once you get the hang on out to train there efficiently, you could make a healthy income from its equip drops, ilbies, and earing for dex scrolls.

If you're strong enough, you could try gallos but it's recommended you train with a priest. But they are also as pot burning (or more pot burning) than WS's.
    if you are super strong, you could try sniping jr newties

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    me and fryberfryber both did spirit Vikings at that level, even if it takes you a little longer than usual it's almost guaranteed to be your fastest and safest spot (stand on the platform at the bottom that lets you hit 3 platforms (bottom, left and right) and duck if spirit Vikings fire shots at you

(this WAS before gallos/ulu was released though, so having a priest grind with you at gallos might be better)

4. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Hmm wonder what's considered strong F3 lol, I think I'm definitely doing more than your average Ranger having 60 str base and above avg equips nothing godly atm and I have a buddy who wants me to go to gallos with him(maybe I'll see epm) but I've been dying to go to SV, I've heard there is a spot where I can stand and spam AR
    Edit: ^ exactly cool

5. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    How would u guys rank SV gallos and ulu to grind in your opinions (above avg dmg) and which one would be best to buy leech at
    Edit SV prob first doe maybe just rank gallos and ulu

6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I'd say to go gallos if you have a priest with you (grinding partner with holy symbol is always top tier)
    Spirit Vikings is the best map to solo
    ULU2 leech begins at level 90, and it's the best spot to buy leech at until level 105/108 (petrifighters/skeles)

Unless you're very rich, I'd recommend sticking to grinding until at least 105/108 where you can get the best leech exp for your money

7. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Haha wouldn't say I'm rich, but we ain't hungry out here F3, thanks my guys will try SV asap and gallos if I get some HS (working on mule) and will wait till 100+ to buy some leechage.

8. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Well, if your AR's can do at least 3-4k damage I think gallos is pre good. But personally I think you should stick to vikings to you reach at least level 95. Also when training there, the sweet spot is at the bottom middle platform (like liesdotcom mentioned) and you spam AR. The monsters will shoot missiles at you that do 1.7k damage; as these missiles move very slow, all you need to do is duck when it approaches you. The most intense part is when you have to loot all the items; the touch damage is 1.4k damage so make sure you use good pots.

If you wanna level the fastest, leeching is like 100% the best thing to do, but it's not cheap.

My opinion for you:
    - SV til 100, and maybe til 105 if you need money
    - you can snipe jr newties once you max strafe (exp is okay at this point), but it's equally as boring as SV
    - Once you max strafe and have at least level 12 puppet, you can start hunting for HH
    - at level 100, train at gallos with a priest. I'd recommend the priest to train with you. The exp per min is at least 1% at this level.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    I never tried sniping junior newties -> I heard the exp was bad.
    Headless horseman is extremely good for exp provided you don't die, RiusczRiuscz did HH only to level from 80->105
    Nightshadows I heard from NFSBOWNFSBOW ? I think was quite good as well (either him or someone else I can't remember)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    Great post man, super helpful. Props to you my dude

11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:40 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Somewhat off topic, but if any of you rangers train at spirit vikings, I'd like to join (I will be playing from monday on)- I'm a level 94 white knight.

12. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    11:40 PM
    hey /stop dragging camouflage man into your endeavours deriboo

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Jem

Jem Capt. Latanica

Jun 4, 2017
    Male
    Kungfujemmy
    Ranger
    Prime
    ign =D

14. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:40 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Adra. Feel free to buddy. Will be on from monday!

15. Locke

Locke Red Snail

Jun 11, 2017
    Male
    Locke
    Shadower
    Chef
    Useful post, I'll be bookmarking! I have a baby crossbowman, any chance you could share where you trained from 50 - 89?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    11:40 PM
    Check this guide

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Locke

Locke Red Snail

Jun 11, 2017
    Male