1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reached lvl 70 Now What?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by GameSuks, Nov 21, 2017.

1. GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    3:34 AM
    Beginner
    Hello,

Started Maplelegends a little over a week ago and finally grinded/pqed to level 70 Crusader and I am now kinda stuck with what to do.

Do I either use my mesos to start buying equips or is it better to start spending everything on leeching to reach 120 as fast as possible?

So far I amassed a little over 40m with a bit more in scrolls I haven't sold yet from merching.

Equips wise I have nothing worth mentioning except zhelm (Rip 28m T.T why so expensive)(Also shoutout to Phooey for the run. Hope you come back stronger than ever)
    Robe wise I am using a blue crusader chainmail that I just 100% dex for 14 dex for some cheap stats.
    Nothing else really....

Any help appreciated,
    GameSuks

2. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:34 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    28m for endgame helm is not expensive at all, zhelm should cost 50m+ atleast but people are cheap in this server. OnionWhatever

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    k. good to know

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    What you can do now is as you explained either buy leech or buy equips and train.

By buying leech:
    • Level much much faster than grinding alone
    • Don't have to do anything to level (Free time!)
    • Get to the desired level much faster, get to a level where you can boss and make money!
    • You essentially lose money (even with the meso you gain from party, it won't compensate for the hours of leech you buy
    • No money to upgrade equips, will essentially be much weaker
    By buying equips and training:
    • Be much stronger with good gear, hit higher numbers
    • Will essentially gain money, if you use your pots efficiently and gain drops
    • Much slower than leeching
    • Will have to put in a lot of hours to consistently train
    • Reach your desired level much slower
    You would need a lot more money to get atleast 120+.
    However because early level 70's your 3rd job skills arent that high level, I could recommend you buying a few hours just to help with that plateau and to gain damage purely from leveling skills alone.
    Try making some money, there are a few important quests you can do around 70-80 which give a chance of decent scrolls.
    You can probably find the thread somewhere on the site (Pretty sure it's under guides).

I would also recommend getting the essentials first.
    Since you have a ZHelm you are good in that department.
    Gaining a decent attack workglove (8-10 attack).
    Decent DEX cape to help with your accuracy/damage (8-12 DEX or 8-12 STR)
    Accuracy scrolled shoes, either snowshoes or warrior shoes. (Until you can achieve DEX ones)
    Then upgrading your weapon.

Take your time!
    There's no rush in improving your character, have fun while doing it make friends, find a nice guild etc.
    There's plenty of stuff to do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks for so much detail! I think I will go with the leeching route because I honestly have nightmares about gs2 now. I was just wondering if you knew around how much mesos I would need saved up to be leeched to around 85 or 90 from 70. I want to save up enough to get there in one go so that I don't end up in a situation where I am at an awkward level without mesos. I would rather spend the mesos that I have now on merching to earn enough to completely jump past gs2 xD.

6. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    From what I remember, 65-75 (Which is windraiders) is good but pretty slow compared to wolfspiders.
    It'll take quite a while somewhere from 40-60 minutes for each level possibly.
    If you want to save the most money, I would suggest finding a partner who wants to buy leech and split leeching.
    It's a bit less exp (10% less?) but it's half the price, so %/meso is better than full leech but will generally take a bit longer than full.
    Assuming prices are anywhere from 3-8m, Somewhere between 60-100m.
    You'll also gain a bit of mesos back from the leecher looting mesos, not that much but accumulated over 15-20 levels is a bit of extra mesos.

7. OP
    OP
    GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    Mmm I see. I guess Ill just grind out 5 levels so that I can just start off leeching at wolfspiders. Ill shoot for saving around 100m which should be doable because of all the scroll quests I still have to do + basically free gach. Thanks for your help!!

8. HighwayS3x

HighwayS3x Red Snail

Sep 26, 2017
    Male
    3:34 PM
    HighwayS3x
    Bandit
    Hmm..u can try kid mannequins located at taipei 101 lv75-85+, it has a great spawn and exp there which can give u 3%/mins. As much as leeching at ws.

9. OP
    OP
    GameSuks

GameSuks Orange Mushroom

Nov 13, 2017
    Male
    Beginner
    This was very good adivice. Basic update: I grinded to 75 so I can jump into WS leeching until level 80 just to get my combo attack maxed. Then went straight to kid mannequins and leveled to 90 averaging a level and a half per hour until 85 then level per hour til 90. So around 7.5 hrs of grinding which wasnt all that bad. Made around 20m from npcing drops, fming good equip drops, selling hundreds of power crystal ores (they literally rain in this mob). These guys have a great aggro system where allthe mobs group ontop of you the moment you step into the map making it great for aoe. I would however find other classes to have trouble in this map because these guys hits HARD even when I had the zak helm and using a shield. Without powerguard I was getting around 1.3k to 1.4k touch dmg, 800 with. Highly recommend not to move further into female and male mannequins because they have ranged attacks making it harder for you to mob and they hit much harder as well, 900 touch (with powerguard) and around 1.3k ranged attack.

Honestly these gave me much faster exp than split leech at WS and wouldnt be surprised if it broke even with solo leech WS.