1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed Red kimmy voting error on a particular account

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Aggrokk, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aggrokk

Aggrokk Slime

Oct 1, 2020
    Male
    7:06 PM
    Aggrokk
    Dark Knight
    hmm there's something wrong with my account Aggrokk when i vote for red kimmy , i've tried to vote for red kimmy on Aggrokk2 and Aggrokk3 and there are no problems , below is the attached screenshot of the error . . https://gyazo.com/b3a42c8bda53357415ee367f1136ede3

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    1:06 PM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Hello,

You cannot vote when you are banned. We'll see if we can get the error message changed so it's more clear.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:06 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    LOL

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:06 AM
    Not to be rude or anything, but I think saying something like that would discourage the player to continue playing the server if a staff member seemed trollzy and/or have a lack of empathy towards a player..

Although the info provided is true, it could have been worded differently so that if the their ban does get lifted and they're able to play again they would return the game, if I were in their shoes and I've read that I'd uninstall and won't even consider returning back after being unbanned.

Hi there Aggrokk, thanks for writing in about your concern on not receiving your vote NX on an account. When an account is temporarily banned the account won't receive vote NX, while the other accounts that aren't banned being able to.

You can post an appeal here https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?forums/ban-appeal.91/ and a staff member will assist you shortly.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from enjoying the game once your ban has been lifted.

Not a staff member but
    Kind Regards,
    DuckTales.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:06 PM
    Moderator Post
    To be more specific on the issue this error message became a bug when we altered that 'requested' bans COULD still vote. Since day 1 of MapleLegends, actual banned users couldn't vote, so it isn't a recent change or anything. However, originally it would show 'banned users cannot vote' on the vote page.

DuckTalesDuckTales his post was perfectly fine. He explains the problem and he did indeed let us know that the website currently pukes out an error when you are banned. Short and sweet gets easier to the point, instead of making something super long just to deliver the very same message.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Aggrokk

Aggrokk Slime

Oct 1, 2020
    Male
    Aggrokk
    Dark Knight
    thanks , yeah didn't know i couldn't vote while serving a ban , found out yesterday . lol thanks . Happy new year !

7. OP
    OP
    Aggrokk

Aggrokk Slime

Oct 1, 2020
    Male
    Aggrokk
    Dark Knight
    Shouldn't expect too much for a F2P game anyways they've done a decent job for the players so far and are human afterall , Everyone is wired differently and there are still nice people around . Its akin to joining a town club (ban club) which is free and meeting a douchey manager at the restaurant who chooses not to simply tell you why you can’t dine at the restaurant when it’s because you’re not wearing a collar shirt but instead says something sarcastic despite knowing that you are a new member . Lol Just laugh it off , what’s the point of getting mad at someone who puts other people down to feel better about himself

I didn’t think it was sarcastic though because I assumed he knew that it was my first time getting banned , but perhaps I’m naive as with other things that has led to what happened , lol .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    4:06 AM
    Yeah, I guess its just when I see comments like that and being staff for an online Pokemon game in the past it just hurts me to see sarcastic comments that don't show empathy just the info that "needed to be shared so that the players know whats up" but it still shouldn't be said that way, if a player sees a comment like that they're not going to be like "Oh, jeez rip that guy" or "Dang, thats sucks for them" its "HAHA he's banned LMAO" not "Oh, he's banned, confused to whats happening and needs to know whats wrong to the account that he signed up with his time to enjoy a game that provided to him for free."

But I do hope that you do get to continue to play the game if and when you get unbanned, and that you're able to still enjoy playing the game when theres a 'ay, lmao' experience.

I hope you have a great rest of your day and happy new year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Tobenism

Tobenism Slime

Dec 25, 2020
    Male
    6:06 PM
    ◕`ω´◕
    do you want to turn on ALL CAPS ALSO?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.