1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce @mapowner time on area boss maps

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by beegoratto, Feb 2, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    5:23 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Reduce the time before a map owner loses control of a map on area boss maps to 10 seconds (mob respawn timer), or at least reduce it while the area boss is alive.

It's too easy to just sit in the corner of a Samurai map and never get hit and just hit one button every few minutes at no cost. Either fight the boss or leave. Holding one of these maps for 20+ minutes without actually fighting the boss should be reportable for griefing, honestly.

• Agree x 16
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This implies to all maps though, Mr.Ratirl sir, anyone can hit a few mobs then afk for 4 mins then slay, double, triple, quadra, or penta a few mobs then go afk once more.

Just, gg go next.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    What?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:23 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    only if i didnt read the context before your quote.
    he's only refering to maps with bosses, not others

5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Popular League streamer name reference my bad, but what I meant was if someone is in a map just try the other channels.

Yeah, I know but thats way too precise, meaning if a map has an area boss in it then its going to effect the command as a whole as well. It's pretty much redundant to implement that without counter-implementing it for non-area boss maps.

6. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The issue is that it's currently so insanely easy to hold maps on some boss maps that a single player can hold all 8 channels with very little effort effectively griefing everyone else who wants to fight the boss.

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
  8. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    No, they could just make the argument that they're going to fight the boss eventually or they're killing it extremely slowly and there's no way to disprove them. There shouldn't be a need to argue semantics over this; this behavior just should straight up not even be allowed in the first place. Just change the mapowner time (which should be an incredibly easy fix to implement with minimal dev time required) on these maps and this isn't an issue that can even arise. Why even allow people to partake in potentially ToS behavior when there's an easy fix on hand?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Yeah, sorry I edited my post with the source from where I thought that would be breaking tos but its a different rule in itself.

10. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    8:23 AM
    It's funny that, as a bishop who trains there, I always get frustrated when the Samurai boss spawns.
    I end up switching channels multiple times because of it and becoming the owner of several maps. Oops. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    6:23 PM
    Corsair
    P sure you lose ownership when u CC so DW you're not hogging the maps!

• Agree Agree x 1