1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Regarding MAC users on Catalina, Big Sur, and M1 chips

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:14 PM
    Moderator Post
    Hello everyone,

I figure a lot of people lurk here that are not on the Discord. Today, after NiseNise doing extended research for a good week or two, have made a breakthrough to have the MapleLegends client running on MAC version Catalina, Big Sur, and users on the M1 chip, without changing the bios and other complicated changes to your system.

We recruited internally and public for testers, and all of them had successful results.

Not only that, but some testers reported that they have better performance with this new method of running the game. However, the more important thing is MAC running on systems that no longer support 32bit applications without the need to change your bios.

Very soon we'll have a public thread/tutorial on how to set this up. Hopefully, members that were no longer able to play anymore due to having only a MAC as a system can play again.

Huge thank you to NiseNise for researching and for years already being a bit contributor for the MAC users.

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR MAC JUST BECAUSE OF THIS NOTICE THOUGH

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. casding

casding Snail

Feb 28, 2021
    2:14 AM
    Oh man, great news!

3. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    8:14 PM
    You guys are the best <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    11:14 AM
    I updated to Big Sur the other day after finally experiencing problems on Mojave and haven't been able to play since. This thread made my day! Thanks so much, KimberlyKimberly and staff!

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Blue Snail

May 25, 2018
    Male
    2:14 PM
    looking forward to the thread of how to do it!

6. jshyy

jshyy Timer

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    11:14 AM
    kshyy
    Outlaw
    Yay! I can start playing again

• Like Like x 1