1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

remove mapowner automatically if the person who has the map is dead

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Esmo, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    11:51 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    today I went to kill anego and in one of the channels there was a dead night lord who is the owner of the map,so I decided to attack some mobs to secure the map for my self I did check the map owner again after I killed some mobs but I was surprised by the fact that the same nl is still the map owner I’ve waited for like 1~2 mins and nope he is still the map owner,till his bishop came and ressed him so I had to leave of course,anyway it doesn’t make any sense that a dead person can hold the map for more than 2mins. actually it doesn’t make any sense that a dead person can hold a map at all he’s literally dead.

so my suggestion is to remove the mapownership if the player is dead or remove it after like 1min or 30seconds.

don’t eat me it’s just a suggestion

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:51 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I understand the sentiment from your side, but I do believe implementing this can cause some tricky situations with - predominantly - area bosses. I feel like the nightlord dying to Anego should definitely still have the right to be res'd and continue, it was his boss after all. Dying to a boss shouldn't mean someone else gets to yoink it imo.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. SapphireJ

SapphireJ Dark Stone Golem

Aug 30, 2017
    Male
    4:51 PM
    HarmonyMagic
    Beginner
    Agape
    This is a 50/50 for me, I neither really agree or really disagree with this.

Reason because, if the bishop belongs to this player, he/she still has the right away to resurrect the him/herself (or rather mapowner).

While also, yes, you do make a point that it doesn't really make sense for a mapowner to exist because he/she is dead. But yea.

(apologies if I was spamming. This forum website was giving me 522, 524 errors and weird behavior while posting.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    4:51 AM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I agree that it doesn't logically make sense for a dead player to be able to hold map even for bosses. If not for dual client and the fact most users make a bishop, you would have to respawn and lose the map anyways. I don't think sitting there as a ghost qualifies you to be "owning" a map.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    1:51 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    To further Ainz's point, the mapowner rules probably work for dead people, so there is no incentive to grief mapowners by killing them. There has been a few times where I was camping anego, and someone aggro'd her into me while I was telling them to leave.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This is also reinforced in ToS as a bannable offense. It can (and should be) be reported.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    I really like the idea of a boss being yoinkable if the mapowner dies (and there were no other active party members participating), ESPECIALLY for hyper-competitive bosses like Anego. As-is, Anego is just a contest to see how long you're willing to park a mule and tag a mob every 5 min. The fact that she's on an 8h spawn and is always contested makes committing to killing her an absolute chore. Allowing people to (fairly) snipe adds some much-needed spice and actually makes it feasible for other people to contest her without knowing all timers and devoting 3 hours of their life on 8 clients. Griefing people is a bannable offense in either scenario.

Boss hunting vs another player is really fun as long as the rules are respected. I understand Maplestory is a friendly social game but it kind of sucks that the one mildly competitive thing about it can be taken advantage of.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    Nobody was trying to snipe,he was already dead by the time I came to the boss area

and this thread is about nerf the map owner a little bit,because it’s not fair being dead and no one else in the map but you and the dead person and he still have the mapownership,and not being able to grief people

9. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    I agree with you, if the player is dead the mapowner should be refreshed but having mapowner go away after a set duration like that isn't the way to go.
    (remove the mapowner duration and I'll change my reaction.)

Just make ghost a ghost and refresh owner if hit points reach 0.

Unless hes haunting the map then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean thats probably why ghosts can own a map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Even if he lost mapowner some people would call that sniping/yoinking a map; you can consider it however you like. I'm saying I don't think that exact scenario, or the ecosystem that follows, is a bad thing at all

11. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yes, it's also hard for a dead person to report mapowner problems, if their @mapowner disappears when they're dead.

Edit: For example, in various meta training maps, the safe spots rely on the mobs not being aggro'd. Suppose you go pee, and aren't there to witness someone grief you by aggro'ing mobs. If you lose mapowner, you can't report it. They can just say, you lost mapowner, and they legally aggro'd mobs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Yeah but killing someone in a map is also a reportable offense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yes, but how are you supposed to report them, without the proper @mapowner text above your dead head in the ss.

14. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    You don't need mapowner, if you're in a spot thats safe but monsters have like a ranged attack that can hit you regardless and that person baits them over its reportable.

15. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yes, I know, but how do you report it? The easiest way is to show someone attacking in a map you have mapowner in. If you die instantly, and lose mapowner, what do you do? And most people don't record their screen 24/7.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I don't understand this argument. If you go AFK and you come back and you are dead and someone else is using the map, I don't think you have proof to report them for griefing you. You can ask them to leave but then you have to respawn to continue to have ownership. Generally if everyone on the map is dead I would assume that the map is free. Once you respawn, you lose ownership anyways unless you can get someone to res you.

You have to have proof they killed you intentionally to report this. If you went pee and died that is your own problem and not proof.

17. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    NVIDIA ShadowPlay, it can record a brief bit of what happened before you recorded or so Nightz777Nightz777 uses it iirc.

18. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Not sure if this is the point of having it, but there use to be an issue of warriors/bucc? rushing the bosses into low hp attackers to steal the boss. The being killed while afk seems like an odd example to be the main argument.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    not everyone have nvidia graphic card,I don’t understand ur point u want people to record their screen 24/7? xD

20. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Yeah, that's a better example.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1