1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove the boxes/crates in Taipei 101

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by deer, Feb 18, 2021.

1. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    4:29 PM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Relocate the boxes/crates in Taipei 101

[​IMG]

Pictured: A box/crate, in Taipei 101’s most popular map, Star Avenue South Section.

As I’m sure most people have noticed, Taipei 101 maps almost always have boxes/crates scattered around. These boxes are “reactors” (in the MapleStory sense), and they look & behave in much the same way as the wooden-plank boxes in other locations, like on Maple Island, or in the cabin of the ship to/from Ellinia/Orbis. The difference with Taipei 101 boxes is that they don’t actually drop anything when you break them.

The boxes’ only use is in the “Lubricating Eye Drops” quest, which asks the player to collect 20 quest-only ETC items from the boxes.

If they don’t do anything harmful, then who cares?

Characters whose jobs make significant (or even exclusive) use of basic-attacking (bound to Ctrl by default), like permabeginners, STR mages, etc., have their attacks eaten by these useless boxes. This makes it needlessly difficult to fight in any Taipei 101 map, including one particularly popular permabeginner training spot: Fancy Amps (Star Avenue North Section).

In order to make the 20 Lubricating Eye Drops still obtainable, the boxes must be left in the game. But Taipei 101 already has a few maps where the boxes wouldn’t be as much of a burden:
    What are the downsides of relocating these boxes?
    People doing the Lubricating Eye Drops quest might have a slightly more difficult time if the number of maps that have boxes is reduced. However, a given map can generally fit something like half a dozen boxes, and the above-mentioned maps are half a dozen as well, leaving roughly 36-ish boxes in the game. Combined with the ability to change channels, players doing this quest shouldn’t have an issue getting 20 Lubricating Eye Drops.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Reisu

Reisu Horny Mushroom

Jun 11, 2020
    1:29 AM
    Bishop
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember the crates being part of a questline from someplace in Taiwan. It might be from an NPC in the Night Market and not necessarily from Taipei 101 itself. I distinctly remember having to find things from the crates, but if I remember wrong, I'll try again with another one of my characters who hasn't done all the Taiwan quests yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SiriusPlaque

SiriusPlaque Slime

May 15, 2020
    12:29 PM
    It’s been a long time since I did it, but I also remember having to search out the boxes for a quest item. Not sure which quest it was though..

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    9:29 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    If the boxes are relevant to some quest, they could always leave them in only one map so they are less annoying

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    9:29 AM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    4:29 PM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    OK, I'm glad to know that the boxes are actually used for something. In that case, they should stay, although it would be nice to have their locations limited, as lv1crooklv1crook suggested. I'll update the original post, hehe...