1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request for Minor Instant Mobility Tweaks (For Better and More Convenient Intracontinental Travel)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aurum, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Aurum

Aurum King Slime

Nov 3, 2019
    Male
    11:20 PM
    Aduro
    F/P Wizard
    Hi there,

I am requesting for minor tweaks to the server to make mobility more convenient for players. Please, I ask you take time to read my proposition below. Thank you kindly! :)

An Example of an Appreciated Customized Mobility Implementation:
    You, as a player, are able to travel to-and-fro Omega Sector and Nautilus Harbor via the Warp Machines located in the following maps:
    - Omega Sector: Command Centre (where the NPC, Dr. Kim, resides); and
    - Navigation Room (where the Pirate Job Instructor NPC, Kyrin, resides).

Thus, the continents Victoria Island and Ludus Lake are connected via the warp machines. This machine requires 1 warp card, which is attainable from the NPC Bartol in the Nautilus Mid Floor - Hallway. After completing the quest "Bartol's Request," you are awarded 5 warp cards from Bartol. I think this is a customized change associated with this server, but, after completing the quest, you are also able to buy additional warp cards from Bartol for 10,000 mesos each.

This custom implementation is extremely useful (especially when in a pinch) and time-saving when moving back and forth between the two continents (Ludus Lake and Victoria Island). I would argue this especially so as a player between levels 30-51 (who do LPQ and EPQ) because players are able to bypass the Ellinia>Orbis>Ludibrium route (as well as the reverse route as well!). It also allows party members to wait less if they are recruiting a member who is currently in Victoria Island (provided they also have Eos Tower scrolls). I'd imagine it would be even useful for higher level players who frequent the Lower Floors of the Clocktower (e.g., to kill Papulatus)

Similar inter- and intra- continental bypasses (besides Teleport Rocks) that have already been made available, without significant obsolescence of nostalgic (and longer/tedious) ways of travel, are the following. Please note that, for simplicity, I herein define "intracontinental" transport as "within continent transport" and "intercontinental" transport as "between continent transport":
    • The Ellinia to Orbis intercontinental boat ride duration has been reduced to five minutes (custom change to this server)
    • The various towns in Victoria Island have their respective purchasable return scrolls OR you are able to pay for the taxi (intracontinental; bypasses travelling to various towns by foot).
    • New Leaf City is connected to Amoria via purchasable NLC return scroll (thereby bypassing the subway; obtainable after a series of quests)
    • The Minar Forest (Leafre) is connected to Victoria Island (Ellinia) via purchasable magic seeds (thereby bypassing Ellinia>Orbis>Leafre boats)
    • The Nihal Desert (Ariant) is connected to Victoria Island via the NPC Karcasa (thereby bypassing Ariant>Orbis>Ellinia boats; still a purchasable bypass)
    • Aqua Road (Aquarium) is connected to Mu Lung Garden (Herb Town) and Ludus Lake (Korean Folk Town) via the NPC Dolphin Taxi service (thereby bypassing Aquarium>Orbis Tower>Orbis>[Mu Lung OR Ludibrium] routes; still a purchasable bypass)
    • Orbis is intracontinentally connected to El Nath as Ludibrium is connected to Omega Sector, through Orbis Tower and Eos Tower scrolls, respectively (thereby bypassing the floors of Orbis Tower and Eos Tower, respectively; these are also reobtainable through repeatable quests)
    • The NPC Camel Cab intracontinentally connects Ariant with Magatia (thereby bypassing the route by foot)
    • The NPC Crane intracontinentally connects Mu Lung with Herb Town (thereby bypassing the route by foot)
    • Strawberry and Fruit milks allow for instant intracontinental travel to Mushroom Shrine and Showa Town, respectively (bypasses the route by foot).
    • VIP Taxi Services instantly connect the following areas intracontinentally, thereby bypassing their respective by-foot routes:
      • Lith Harbour to Dungeon: Deep Ant Tunnel (Lith Harbour to Sleepywood)
      • Ludibrium to Path of Time
      • Leafre to Entrance to Dragon Forest
      • El Nath to Ice Valley II
    • The Mark of Heroism allows for the intracontinental connection of the NLC: Phantom Forest and Crimsonwood Keep, thereby bypassing the Crimsonwood Mountain: Valley of Heroes maps (a Jump Quest-like map) -- this is obtainable after a series of quests
    Please notice from the above list:
    (1) these bypasses are instant (no waiting time);
    (2) these bypasses are available in unlimited supply (in return for some form of compensation, e.g., mesos); and
    (3) many of these bypasses are available upon the completion of a quest or series of quests (thereby imposing a level restriction).

Some Inconsistencies/Problems I see Compared to the Above Examples:

Ludus Lake Instant Intracontinental Travel:

Ludbrium and Command Centre warp capsules allow for intracontinental travel to Ludibrium or Omega Sector, respectively. These are only usable within the Ludus Lake continent, so you may use these in Korean Folk Town, thereby conveniently and instantly bypassing the Helios Tower elevator (i.e., you dont have to wait for the elevator to come and for you to ride the elevator).

Unlike the above-mentioned items, these are obtainable once (i.e., not repeatedly) through the following quests
    :
    - Delivering the Alarm Clock (Level 38 and above);
    - Supplying the Robotic Parts (Level 30 and above);
    - Retrieving the Robotic Parts (Level 30 and above);
    - The Control Program Rombot (Level 50 and above);
    - Delivering the Alarm Clock (Level 38 and above);
    - Dr. Kim's Comments (Level 30 and above)
    After they are used, I believe that the player can no longer obtain these in the absence of other external sources (e.g. FM, other players).

Singapore-Malaysia Instant Intracontinental Travel:
    Something that I find custom to this server (I think) is the route to which players may get to Malaysia and Entrance to Spooky World from Singapore. Players must first walk from Singapore to Boat Quay Town to get to Trend Zone Metropolis. Then, they must walk from there to Kampung Village and, subsequently, to Entrance to Spooky World in order to train at Gallopera or attend Scarlion and Targa runs.

To my knowledge, there seems to be no method of instant intracontinental transport in this server analogous to [El Nath > Ice Valley II to get to Zakum] or [Leafre to Entrance to Dragon Forest to get to Horntail]. I'm not entirely sure why the current route seems to be made exclusive and mandatory in this server (although I may be wrong), but, it definitely was not in Royals or the original GMS. Rather, in these servers, players also had an instant bypass option through the NPC Audrey (link: https://bbb.hidden-street.net/npc/audrey).

I, therefore, propose the following:
    • Command Centre and/or Ludibrium Warp Capsules are made either: (1) purchasable through an NPC (perhaps through Dr. Kim himself or at the Ludibrium Pharmacy) OR (2) reobtainable through repeatable quests. This would be similar to the customized implementation of buying additional warp cards from Bartol (see above).
    • These warp capsules will be repeatedly obtainable only after the a quest, or series of quests, is completed. This postulate will (1) impose an appropriate level restriction to level 30 minimum; and (2) make intracontinental travelling not too easy so as to compromise or make other methods of transportation obsolete (e.g., Eos Tower scrolls, Helios Tower elevator). Such a restriction may also allow for the warp capsules to become an item of value that is sold in the Free Market (analogous to how some players sell Eos/Orbis Tower Rock scrolls, Magic Rocks, Summoning Rocks, etc. in the FM for the sake of convenience).
    • The above NPC Audrey is introduced to this server to allow for instant intracontinental travel to and fro Singapore, Trend Zone Metropolis, and Kampung Village.

An additional benefit (or perhaps caveat?) I might foresee with this implementation is less demand for VIP teleport rocks, thereby freeing NX vote cash dedicated for Owls of Minerva and AP Resets (an item of extreme value on this server due to restrictive and carefully timed supply). However, I doubt increasing the availability of such intracontinental transportation will significantly shift or alter the NX vote cash expenditure patterns.

Addressing an Anticipated Criticism:
    One may say "what's the big deal of making such an implementation? What will it really do?"
    Well, for an example where this MIGHT be useful, I urge you to consider the following case:
    Suppose you are a high level player saving up your NX vote cash for HP washing. Therefore you would like to save up as much NX vote cash as possible for AP Resets (as opposed to spending them on VIP Teleport Rocks). Suppose, also, that you frequent Zakum for runs (perhaps to sell helms) as well as Papulatus (for good drops like scrolls, cards, etc.). You may, then, be required to travel from El Nath (A) to the Lower Floor Clocktower (B).

To get from (A) El Nath to (B) Lower Floor Clocktower:
    • You could consider the traditional/nostalgic route: El Nath to Orbis via Orbis Tower; then Orbis to Ludibrium via the boat; then Ludibrium to Path of Time via VIP Taxi; then Path of Time to Deep Inside the Clocktower. However, this requires more time including waiting for the boat and riding the boat. Some may opt for this if they want to take a break or just prefer to take a nostalgic route for no particular reason (which I completely understand).
    • Alternatively, if warp capsules were made more available as proposed above, you could do this route: El Nath to Ocean I.C.; return scroll to Aquarium; Dolphin Taxi to Sharp Unknown (Korean Folk Town entrance); Ludibrium Warp capsule to Ludibrium; VIP Taxi to Path of Time; then Path of Time to Deep Inside the Clocktower. This could potentially save time from waiting for the boat and riding the boat.
    This is not the only scenario where we might benefit from the implementation of this proposition, however, I just put this forth to illustrate a point.

Please let me know what you guys think! I am more than happy to discuss alternatives or criticisms to this proposition! :)

As always, thank you immensely for your efforts! :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    10:20 AM
    I personally like the ludi/omega capsule cuz it just cuts down the traveling time between ludi and omega especially when I'm questing. But you know, I wasted them on my noob days so I kinda regret it now lol but tbh the current route from naut>omega>tower>ludi isn't that bad cuz you can buy the warp card from bartol and the eos rock scroll can be obtained thru a 24 hr quest with 20 scrolls per completion

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    8:20 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    I believe that the alarm clock quest is actually repeatable, but doesn't give rewards the second time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    The warp cards thing had always given 5 after doing the quest not just this server, but this is a great guide/information post great job :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah, but on here you can buy more. They're 100k each. It's a custom change, I remember hoarding them before they added that.

• Agree Agree x 1