1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Request: Generic location guide

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by acelec, Mar 31, 2018.

1. acelec

acelec Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2018
    2:49 AM
    Hi!

As someone who has played regular (e)ms for ~10 years, and only joined this server this week, I'm a little bit confused about some locations. Some foggy memories of pre-big-bang era are polluted by new conflicting memories + there are some new areas that I have not heard about before (Taipei, China?)

I went to KFT at around lvl 35, because there were a bunch of quests available, but the mobs seemed far too strong for me. With the travelling being quite slow, it's a bit frustrating to make such pointless trips. On the other hand, it's also boring to do quests when you're much higher than the suggested level, which makes you miss out on some of the fun.

I was wondering if there exists a maplelegends-specific guide that would make the migration easier for people who don't remember much about pre-bb maple.

I don't mean a training guide - just a very abstract guide for the main storylines of non-Victoria island locations, something like
    Ariant = 30 - 35
    NLC = haunted mansion, ~70 - 80
    Singapore = ~40; Boat Quay Town ~80
    El nath = ~50?
    Leafre = 110+?
    Taipei = ??

2. Syncrinity

Syncrinity Mushmom

Mar 19, 2018
    Male
    7:49 PM
    Invalidate
    Cleric
    Circus
    Well whatever you do, don't mention mandatory boat rides being a concern or you're likely to be lynched :cigar:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    7:49 AM
    Crusader
    I take a very slow and relaxed tour of the Maple world when I play. It's definitely not efficient way to gain EXP, but I'm lazy when it comes to travelling so I want to get as many quests completed without shuttling back and forth too much. Generally it looks like this:

Lvl 8/10 – 35: Victoria Island
    I leave Victoria Island a lot later than most folks do, but mostly because there's a couple of quests that requires me to deliver some quest items to faraway places and I don't like to shuttle back and forth. You've got some letters bound for KFT, Aquarium and Omega Sector, you've got 2 books to deliver (and a third to collect), and so on. I spent some vote cash on expanding my inventory slots so I could hold everything. You WILL BE lugging around tons of quest items so monitor your inventory space carefully.

Lvl 35 onwards: Orbis > Ariant > Magatia
    You can speak to Moppie the Dog along the way. (You can gather up some solid horns to patch up the hole in Nautilus too.) I can't remember if there are other quests you can do, but complete or initiate any quests that are available and hop over to Ariant. The Ariant quest line will keep you entertained for a while. You'll have time to visit Orbis for the Queen's Tea quest, and if you've visited Thailand and initiated Ugly's Quest for Beauty, you can finish that on the way too. After that, head for Magatia where there's a couple more quests for you to mop up.

Lvl 40+: Ludibrium
    This is when it gets a bit more free-and-easy. Usually I murder some Chronos and find the last Maple History Book to clear up my inventory slots (and collect cogs for Dr Betty), before I deliver my letter to KFT (you can initiate your Librarian quests here too). You can look for the letter in the bottle for Lost in the Ocean and deliver your Aquarium letters if you like, since you'll be heading to Omega Sector eventually. After that, go back to Ludibrium where you can talk to Nemi, Marcel etc. You'll be going to visit all ten Roly-Polys in Eos Tower while killing mobs in the process. In the meantime, you can finish the Dollhouse quest; it's a short quest line that brings you back to Ludibrium toy factory.

While in Eos Tower, remember to hang on to some items like block golem bricks, the Bloctopus Blueprint, and a Bloctopus keyring. You'll need these for some Omega Sector quests. When you arrive at Omega Sector, you can hand over your letter to Dr Kim, as well as finish up some quests here. You can stay at Omega Sector, or mop up more quests in Ludibrium's toy factory. You can also use the warp ticket for a quick trip back to Victoria Island to finish up some quests (gathering solid horns, cogs, mousetraps, speaking to Jay after getting the medal, bringing back food from Aquarium, etc.).

Lvl ???: Korean Folk Town, Aquarium, Orbis (and Florina Beach, El Nath)
    By now you can loop back to KFT and Aquarium to finish up on the last of the quests that you set out to do. There are some quests in Aquarium and Orbis that you can clear while you're there, and if you've initiated the Florina Beach VIP ticket quest, you can work on that as well. You can clear the King Clang boss quest while you're there. There are a ton of quests waiting for you in El Nath as well.

After that, you can go back to Victoria Island (since you should see a whole bunch of quests there that mostly requires you to go into Deep Ant Tunnel and beyond). You can also visit New Leaf City, Singapore and Taiwan along the way.

As for World Tour… I suppose you can make a quick trip to these places as and when you feel like it. Thailand and Shanghai are pretty safe, and the Mushroom Shrine's immediate surroundings are fairly tame as long as you don't stumble into graveyards or the Mushdad map.

• Great Work Great Work x 1