1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting a way to opt out of the Death Counter/History feature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zerukoba, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Blue Snail

Mar 27, 2020
    Male
    4:14 PM
    Zerukoba
    Warrior
    More or less just going to copy&paste what I wrote on discord.

The death counter really bugs me and I would like to disable it completely. I understand there is a "high score" thing for deaths but I'm not into that (just imo but I find encouraging such to be pretty stupid as realistically you can create a macro for it and there is nothing skill based about it) and I don't want my account to be misleading with a perma 0 death or anything like that but I would take a n/a over a number that is stuck to that character. I know this is such a minor nitpick but it honestly bug me for some reason.
    ofc clearing and then disabling the death history would be a given or else it is just manually counting at that point.

I do like to add though to prevent it from being abusable so someone can't say they got all the way to lv200 without any deaths I do think once you choose to opt out with a character then you are locked from ever joining back to the counter/highscore feature. Not dying would be a legit bragging right to have and I have no intentions of taking that away from anyone who rightfully achieve it. I just want the option to be able to die and not have it be a number hanging over my head for the rest of the game for that character.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jonzehcnas

jonzehcnas Mano

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    Hawaii, USA
    4:14 PM
    Zekky
    Cleric
    Chroma
    Why does it bug you this much? It's simply a counter and we all die in game at some point. Sure someone can use it as leverage to say they're better than you...but who cares? It's a game. Who says they don't play it safe 100% of the time? Simply another ranking system, leave it be. You'll survive!

3. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    3:14 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage